Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I've got a single dead pixel, dead center of the screen. Do you think the Sprint Store will replace it (if not, it's not really a big deal...).

Also, when getting a new Pre, what would my Palm profile restore?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I got the first phone on launch day at the Sprint store by me. I came home and noticed the dead pixel. I had to wait until they got more in. I went back they gave me a new one and it too had a dead pixel. They grabbed a different one from the back and it looked fine. A few days later I noticed the dead pixel and they got me another one that is finally free of them.

It didn't bother me that much but the store was insistant on getting me a new one each time. Just make sure you really check the screen when they give you a new one. The easiest way to check it is turn the camera on and set the phone face down so the screen is completely black. I have seen the dead pixels appear in red, white, and green.

They are annoying and once you spot one you can always see it. Since this is a new phone I would replace it and they shouldn't give you much of a problem at the store.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Alright, thanks!

Does anyone know what my Palm profile would restore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    ...I have seen the dead pixels appear in red, white, and green....
    Dead pixels are black. Stuck pixels are any color other than black. There are color test programs to get pixels unstuck. If you google how to fix stuck pixels, you'll see a variety of ways.

My new Samsung computer monitor had stuck pixels when I bought it and I used the eraser trick on it. They went away and have never came back, and that was like 3 years ago.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    Alright, thanks!

Does anyone know what my Palm profile would restore?
    Since you created a Palm Profile, of course it'll restore the phone. That's what it's for.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Palm Profile restores contacts, email accounts, calender info, and app store apps. That's it.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    My camera went black,turns out a small piece of paper I used for battery slipped in. Because the paper was used do to a palm error (battery size) they are replacing my PRE for free. I just have to wait until Sprint store get's it. The camera now works, but the guy was cool about it. I'm glad I saved all the homebrew apps on my pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Dead pixels are black. Stuck pixels are any color other than black. There are color test programs to get pixels unstuck. If you google how to fix stuck pixels, you'll see a variety of ways.

My new Samsung computer monitor had stuck pixels when I bought it and I used the eraser trick on it. They went away and have never came back, and that was like 3 years ago.
    How would you use these programs on a pre? Mine has some stuck pixels that I would like to get rid of.
    I just got mine replaced and it is almost perfect. two very small dead pixels. no oreo or light bleeding. had to look through three to find it. dead pixels are not a big deal to me. build date 7-9-09
    I have no dead or stuck pixels. Though I don't seem to think they would always just replace it for a single dead pixel. The method I use to test the screens is simple. Open up youtube, search for "stuck pixel removal", and use the 3+ minute video. Make sure you set the brightness to maximum before you run this, and run it a few times. I did that multiple times when I got home as well. My second Pre had no stuck or dead pixels, and I just let it be. They showed up the following day, so call my superstitious, I just believe in stressing it in.

@wrxdrunkie: go to that videon your Pre, turn the brightness to maximum and the screen shut off to 3minutes. It might take a few times, or it might not work at all. GL!
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    What's the "eraser" trick? I have one stuck pixel, along bottom not bothersome so didn't do anything about it. I have tried all the unstick sites, but haven't heard of the eraser trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    What's the "eraser" trick? I have one stuck pixel, along bottom not bothersome so didn't do anything about it. I have tried all the unstick sites, but haven't heard of the eraser trick.
    Google

There's a lot of variation of it, but it worked for me applying pressure & tapping the area and turning the monitor on and off. A stuck pixel on the bottom edge may not be fixable. That edges will probably be too stiff. I am not sure.

The iphone fix web app did not work for me, I let it run for 30 minutes, but the marker trick where you tap the stuck pixel did work for me! Much better
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    The iphone fix web app did not work for me, I let it run for 30 minutes, but the marker trick where you tap the stuck pixel did work for me! Much better
    That's a good thing!

That's a good thing!
    Ya, I appreciate your help and suggestions! I now know the difference between a stuck pixel and a dead pixel. ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    Congrats man!
    Palandri. TNX. Didn't work for me. Will try again, but location is no big deal.
    I need to exchange mine but it's been past the 30 days, will I get stuck with a refurb? Is that really a big deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I need to exchange mine but it's been past the 30 days, will I get stuck with a refurb? Is that really a big deal?
    It's the same warranty if they give you a refurbished phone(at least it damn well should be, no matter what a rep says).