1.    #1  
    I tried hooking up my PRE to my PS3 tonight, put it in USB mode, but it was never detected. Has any one else seen this or gotten this work?
    Never actually attempted this. I do know that the PS3 will not detect certain USB protocols. So it all depends on what type Palm is using. Have yet to find out which type they do thus far.
    It doesn't work with the xbox 360 either.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Can you charge off the consoles?

Not a big deal but it would be cool to know
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am interested in using as USB and charging.
    IT would be cool to be able to use it as USB.
    Yeah charging is no problem, but if you click media sync or USB it does nothing.
    i tried it my self last week and even made a video folder , then only other thing i could think of was getting ps3 folder in the pre to see if that works
    any recent info on this? I really want to usemy ps3 to transfer music. Anyone gotten this to work?
    There is already a thread about this in which I posted 2 minutes ago, anyways...

PS3 only reads FAT32 formated devices attached to it through USB port. Not sure which format PRE uses but it's NOT FAT32. So, you can only charge your phone, that's it. You can't access your pre from your console, period. The only way this will EVER EVER change is if either Sony adds support for Pre's format, or pre goes to FAT32 format for it's device. I seriously doubt either of two will happen.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Has anyone resolved this? By the way, the palm pre has a fat32 file system which makes me confused even more! I have been able to connect most storage devices I throw at my ps3 but this one is giving me a hard time!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    There is already a thread about this in which I posted 2 minutes ago, anyways...

PS3 only reads FAT32 formated devices attached to it through USB port. Not sure which format PRE uses but it's NOT FAT32. So, you can only charge your phone, that's it. You can't access your pre from your console, period. The only way this will EVER EVER change is if either Sony adds support for Pre's format, or pre goes to FAT32 format for it's device. I seriously doubt either of two will happen.
    ps3 can read ntfs but not a stock ps3 it has to be modded with custom firmware and a homebrew app called multiman.
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    forgot to respond to this thread so here it goes
    the ps3 gameOS is very picky with partition and partition tables so much so that it will try to ready only the first partition and if it isn't fat32 then it won't show up at all.

if it finds a drive/partition table/partition that it doesn't like it will just ignore it.

the ps3 itself can ready them (you can verify that by installing linux on yours as I have (damm novacomm doesn't have drivers for ppc...)) its basically a software limitation in gameOS
    Last edited by darkassain; 09/21/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
    download media sync in preware picked up my pixi.(xbox)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks! I will try media sync n let you know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I can't get media sync for my pre plus 1.4.5