1.    #1  
    I don't know if it's just me, but I would just like to ask you fellow Pre owners a simple question and possibly a solution.

Have you ever encountered the PIN entering process to be buggy or faulty?

Half the time I put in my PIN for every time I use my phone the numbers don't register despite being hit. Usually, it happens in the beginning. Sometimes it will even show that I hit the button (via the graphic showing a pushed button), but will still not register. Maybe it will decide to not even register at all. This has occurred since I got the phone so currently firmware is not to blame.

It's become frustrating somewhat, but I usually make due. I would die without my PIN because I refuse to let friends or family random go through my pictures and text messages.

Now I know my touchscreen is perfectly fine because I only have troubles with the PIN screen. No where else does it occur.

Am I the only one or have others noticed this?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have the same problem on mine. And I'm on my 3rd Pre. Everyone of them did the same thing.
    I have had the problem occasionally, for some reason more frequently in low signal areas. I also have had a lack of response to opening the battery level screen by pressing the upper right corner, also in low signal areas more frequently. It's as if the device is doing some kind of housekeeping underneath.
    It seems to be a memory issue. Anecdotal evidence suggests that while you're on a call, whatever system resources are needed for dialing are being consumed by the processing of the call itself. If you wait long enough, which sometimes is SEVERAL minutes, the numbers will eventually go through, spammed out in extremely rapid succession (provided whatever automated system you're talking to doesn't time out and hang up on you first, of course).

For what it's worth, my Treo used to do the same thing, but only on very long sequences of numbers, like entering a bank account after having already sequenced through a lengthy phone tree. The Pre seems to run into trouble far more easily. Often it's after just a small handful of numbers. It's quite annoying.
    Same problem here. I usually slide down the keyboard and enter the pin number that way, doesn't lag with the keyboard and I don't accidentally call 911.
    Same problem as well!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    It seems to be a memory issue. Anecdotal evidence suggests that while you're on a call, whatever system resources are needed for dialing are being consumed by the processing of the call itself. If you wait long enough, which sometimes is SEVERAL minutes, the numbers will eventually go through, spammed out in extremely rapid succession (provided whatever automated system you're talking to doesn't time out and hang up on you first, of course).

For what it's worth, my Treo used to do the same thing, but only on very long sequences of numbers, like entering a bank account after having already sequenced through a lengthy phone tree. The Pre seems to run into trouble far more easily. Often it's after just a small handful of numbers. It's quite annoying.
    I don't know if we are on the same page or not, but I'm referring to the PIN screen when you first open the phone. It also bugs whether any apps are running or not.