Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Does anyone else currently have problems opening the Sporting News Baseball App? I've left it open for 5 minutes and all I see is the grey loading circle constantly spinning. I'm hoping that it may be that the server is down or something and not something wrong with my pre. Thanks in advance.
    Did you try closing the App and opening it up again. This happens frequently with my NY Times app. and closing and re-opening seems to do the trick.
    I had the same thing happen tonight - trying to find the Marlins score. It just sits there spinning. I first thought it was because I didn't have EV service, but I tried at the other end of the house (where I have EV - thank you, Sprint), and the same thing happened.
    Mine is also spinning...website must be down.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yup tried opening and closing it several times like the last two posters just sits there spinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I had the same thing happen tonight - trying to find the Marlins score. It just sits there spinning. I first thought it was because I didn't have EV service, but I tried at the other end of the house (where I have EV - thank you, Sprint), and the same thing happened.
    same thing happened to me....looking for marlins score and just there spinning...i even tried deleting it and installing it again and nothing...probably servers r down...should be any worries
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    If you're just checking scores, m.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard is much much better. You can also watch pitch-by-pitch, which is only ~30 seconds or so behind, instead of having to watch batter by batter and have it be 5+ minutes behind with Sporting News. Plus you can get batter vs. pitcher stats, tap on any player's name in the box score to see all of their stats, pretty much everything that Sporting News can do, only in a much nicer interface.

Once they start charging for the Sporting News app I certainly won't be buying it because better info is available on the ESPN mobile site for free.