1.    #1  
    So it all started with my first Pre that had to be replaced because of dead pixels. The Sprint Store ordered me a refurbished unit that came today. This unit is a 5/26 unit, refurbed on 7/22 that suffers from a dimes-width gap and compression squeaking when its held up to your ear on a call. Even though the screen is free from dead pixels, the build quality is so much worse than my 7/10 unit I can't accept it. I can't afford a phone that doesn't last the two year contact.

I went to four corporate Sprint stores today and none of them would help me out with a replacement unit. Finally I decided to call Sprint up and a tech support woman told me that I was entitled to a brand-new in store unit and I could trade in my refurbished unit for it. The last Sprint Store I went to today wasn't going to have that, she claimed there was no way for her to process a return after 30 days, manufacturers defect or not.

She said that she could either order me another refurb (with the remote possibility that it could be new, I call BS) or to call Palm customer service up and play my one-year manufacturers defect warranty and have them send me a brand new unit. They're closed right now but I'm going to give them a call first thing tomorrow morning.

I haven't seen a lot of talk about exchanges through Palm so much as I have seen the Sprint Store. It seems I don't have as friendly of Sprint Store employees around here as some of you guys do so I'm hoping Palm will give me more help. What can I expect?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    They will probably give you two options. One will be to send your phone in for replacement. The other is to give you an advanced exchange--- this will require you to send your old unit back, and they will place a hold in the amount of $499 (I think that's it.... could be wrong) on your credit card. When your phone is received by them, they will lift the hold and send you a brand new phone.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    What can you expect? A peanut butter sandwich, spare tire for a '47 MG, torn page out of a romance novel?

You've been to 4 Sprint stores and talked to Sprint CS. You know more wha to expect than anyone. For one, if CS said you should get a new phone, then let them facilitate that exchange. Give them names and store locations that are refusing to do so.

Then, you can expect a resolution of some sort.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My first Pre had dead pixels, bad proximity sensor, non working apps, etc. Sprint exchanged it for a refurb. 1 week in it starts randomly resetting and gets stuck in headset mode. Called CS and they issue another refurb. I got that one yesterday. Turn it on and activate it. Dead pixels, and the picture folder says its corrupt and wont open. To top it off the Act date is 1-1-05.

I called CS this morning and they told me they will not send me another phone. He then told me if I wanted it replaced I would have to pay for and offered me an early upgrade. I went through the roof! After going off about how absurd it was he then tells me I can pay the $100 and use insurance. I yelled at him and asked him why he was trying to make me pay for a phone when they were sending me defective crap.

He says that its me and not the phones. The phones are checked before leaving the warehouse. I told him obviously not as I found these defects within 5 min. I again go off about how absurd this is. He then says I can take it to a repair store. "But if there is even the slightest scratch WE WILL NOT TAKE IT." I told him I hadn't even had the phone 24 hrs, I didn't break the damn phone!!!

Anyway, that's my story. Good luck!