Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My wife dropped her pre in the bath. It won't come on now. Can I rescue it?
    Might be to late but if you removed the battery right away and put it in a bag of Rice overnight that will be your best try.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Pull the battery out and let it dry completely before trying to turn it on.
    Your chances of recovering it are slim. However, try:
    1) Remove the back cover & battery
    2) Get a small tupperware container
    3) Fill the container 1/2 to 3/4 of kitty litter.
    4) Place the pre WITHOUT the battery cover & battery into the container
    5) Close the lid/top of tupperware container
    6) Let it sit in there for 24-48 hours

Hopefully the kitty litter will absorb the moisture from the phone

Note: DO NOT use a blow dryer on any phone or portable electronic. The heat may destroy it.

Let us know how it goes (GOOD LUCK)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It came back on but screen is very dark. Will it dry and come back to color?
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    It came back on but screen is very dark. Will it dry and come back to color?
    Hard to tell. I wound not recommend turning the phone back on till its fully dry. You may short the main board. I know its difficult to not use the phone for 1-2 days but its worth it if everything goes well. Otherwise you may end up forking over $100 deductible (assuming you have insurance)
    If you have the Sprint warranty, it covers water damage.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is it possible for screen to come back in full color?
    It is often for electronics to come fully back if you let then dry out and DON'T TURN THEM ON, while they do so.
    Is it possible for screen to come back in full color?
    you just asked pretty much the same question, its hard to tell was the answer. We cant really give you an exact answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty613 View Post
    If you have the Sprint warranty, it covers water damage.
    Is this something new? Sprint never covered water damage before...Can someone confirm?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I ran out of rice so I put it in my dresser under a bunch of shirts. I just turned it on and full color is back but I still see water lines so back in the dresser.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Is this something new? Sprint never covered water damage before...Can someone confirm?
    Sorry, my bad, with that coverage plan, you would have to pay the $100 deductible.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    That suuuuuuuuuuuuucks
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    WTF stop turning it on! Get some damn rice or the crystal kitty litter.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I ran out of rice so I put it in my dresser under a bunch of shirts. I just turned it on and full color is back but I still see water lines so back in the dresser.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    WTF stop turning it on! Get some damn rice or the crystal kitty litter.
    At this rate, you'll be buying a new phone. You asked for advice and got several people trying to help, and keep ignoring it. Powering it on with any amount of moisture is what can fry it for good. Leave it the alone.

I've also had good luck putting one in the freezer. It'll keep moisture from soaking in and hopefully will dry it out. My wife's Motorola go dunked in a glass of ice tea. Sitting in the freezer for a day or 2 and a few extra days and it was back 100% from no vitals.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    3) Fill the container 1/2 to 3/4 of kitty litter.
    DO NOT USE KITTY LITTER (even the crystal kind). The kitty litter dust will finish killing the phone. Use rice instead.

Wait 24 hours before turning the phone on.

Hopefully you have the TEP can can get a new phone. Even if you bring it back, the water will likely result in the contacts getting corroded and the phone will die a hard death any way.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    My wife does that with her blackberry. I told her not to do it, but as soon as it happens, I'll activate my old Sanyo 5600 and let her use that for a few days to teach her a lesson...Nah, I'll be real mean and give her my old Mogul with WinMo 6.1, that will REALLY scare the crap out of her.
    Just spilled a glass of water on my Pre. #$(*!@(#*@!$#!!!!!!!!!

Spilled the glass on my nightstand next to my Pre. Didn't think I got anything on it until a tried to wake it with the power button and nothing happened. Then I noticed it was a bit wet. It still came on via the slider. Regardless, I yanked the battery right away and am now waiting for it to dry out and keeping my fingers crossed. Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh
    Go to your local WalMart and buy a product called Damp-Rid. It's main purpose is to suck moisture out of rooms, but it can dry out electronics much faster than rice or kitty litter. Get the one that hangs up, cut the bag open, bury the phone inside the beads, hang it up in a closet and wait 48 hours. That is your best bet.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast