Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I fell in my pool with my pre. I guess I was quick enough, never had a issue. I did pull the battery and let it sit in the sun for a while. Within a couple of hours, its worked fine. Where is the post about what his wife was doing with her Pre in the tub?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yeah, it couldn't possibly work...

apart from the fact that it has, in numerous cases.
    Necro-posting for the win!

I would personally use a few packets of desiccant silica gel (commonly found packed in with electronic devices) instead of either rice or kitty litter. Less chance of contaminants finding their way into the phone and making the situation worse if the container is dropped or jostled.

Edit: Regarding using rice as a desiccant: "Rice is a common "low-tech" alternative frequently used, for example, in salt-shakers to maintain granularity of table-salt for effective pouring or shaking." As a personal preference, I defiantly would NOT use kitty litter .
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 05/06/2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Necro-posting for the win!
    What the. Going back I realize that I really DID bring this thread up from the dead.

What I don't know is HOW - because I didn't go digging in old pages or anything o_O doesn't make any sense to me *X-Files theme*
    What I don't know is HOW - because I didn't go digging in old pages or anything o_O doesn't make any sense to me *X-Files theme*
    You obviously need more caffeine
    Happened to my iPhone. The longer u leave it in the rice... NOT KITTY LITTER... the better. Dust from KL is right. I left mine in for a week and activated old phone. After a week it worked fine. If it was submerged, 24 hours is not enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    I woke up this morning and pulled the phone out from under all of those clothes and believe it or not powered on and is working perfectly. Now wife has to quit talking to her girlfriends while in the bathroom, but that's another issue, another forum. Thank you all for the advice. Gotta make sure I have rice available now. -op-
    So you're saying your wife was in the bath while talking on the phone? Dude, there's a rule around here, pics or it didn't happen. I can't think of a better time for us to all band together and insist it be enforced...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So you're saying your wife was in the bath while talking on the phone? Dude, there's a rule around here, pics or it didn't happen. I can't think of a better time for us to all band together and insist it be enforced...
    1.) I have been in the bath and talking on my Pre. It's one of the stupidest things you can do, but eh, it happens, a lot.

2.) If it is the womens in the waters that you are after - the Internet has been invented precisely to fill that need, my friend. I never understood the "boobs or it didn't happen" thing at all... everything from nude ankles to full-on man-on-pumpkin copulation can be found within mere seconds these days.
    One reason why a bluetooth headset is nice to have.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    1.) I have been in the bath and talking on my Pre. It's one of the stupidest things you can do, but eh, it happens, a lot.

2.) If it is the womens in the waters that you are after - the Internet has been invented precisely to fill that need, my friend. I never understood the "boobs or it didn't happen" thing at all... everything from nude ankles to full-on man-on-pumpkin copulation can be found within mere seconds these days.
    You understand it was a tongue-in-cheek wisecrack, right? And I did say "pics or it didn't happen", now what you quoted. That's a common note on this forum, when someone makes a somewhat extraordinary claim. In this case, the claim wasn't so extra-ordinary, but capitulation to the demand would be, thus the "tounge-in-cheek wisecrack" nature of my comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    One reason why a bluetooth headset is nice to have.
    My luck, I'd drop the BT in the water. No TEP on it, and it would cost almost as much to replace as the $100 deductible.
    [QUOTE=JKTex;1798017]At this rate, you'll be buying a new phone. You asked for advice and got several people trying to help, and keep ignoring it. Powering it on with any amount of moisture is what can fry it for good. Leave it the alone.
    QUOTE]

hahahaha oh my this is classic
    and my quote box didnt work........
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    and my quote box didnt work........
    Just edit your post, add a [/ in front of the QUOTE] at the end of your quote, and it should work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You understand it was a tongue-in-cheek wisecrack, right? And I did say "pics or it didn't happen", now what you quoted. That's a common note on this forum, when someone makes a somewhat extraordinary claim. In this case, the claim wasn't so extra-ordinary, but capitulation to the demand would be, thus the "tounge-in-cheek wisecrack" nature of my comment.
    's all cool, dude. I wasn't being so totally serious either.
    [quote=JKTex;1798017]At this rate, you'll be buying a new phone. You asked for advice and got several people trying to help, and keep ignoring it. Powering it on with any amount of moisture is what can fry it for good. Leave it the alone.
    QUOTE]

Its also embarrassing that someone is so childish that they can't follow directions.

You "dont have rice"? BUY some. Walk to the store and get some. Its not hard and $3 of rice could save you $600 for a new phone.

My sisters girlfriend dropped her phone in the toilet. I told her NOT to turn it on for a day and put it in rice, or else it will not work.

She complained that she couldn't go a whole day without using the phone...so about 30 minutes of it being in the toilet, she tried to turn it on.

It turned on, the very quickly fried itself and turned off.

She ended up going a week without a phone because it took that long to get a replacement.

Total cost $300.

SMH.
    I was out doing yard work and got caught it a freak storm today... unfortunately I ran inside and left my phone on the bench...

I took off the back, and there was a little puddle inside (it was sitting face up in the rain) so I took the back off, battery out, and left it sitting in front of the air conditioning vent for about 5 hours. Then used an entire can of 'air' and blew it from every direction into every crack for a few minutes after water stopped coming out. Left it sitting about another 1/2 hour in front of vent, then powered it on.

Works fine. whew... crisis averted!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've got a question in this regard...

Something similar happened to me where my Pre became submerged in water. It dried, but at this time, all it does is show that it's taking in the electric current. I see this as the LED indicator to the left of the white button in the gesture area appears very dimly when either the battery or the USB cable is plugged in from the wall, but nothing else. Is it fair to say that this Pre is now brain-dead?

I tried the rice trick, left it in the car near a window with plenty of exposure to the sun to help evaporate any water in it, but nothing seems to change the symptoms.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    My 20mth old Daughter get a hold of my Pre the other day and I have not been so lucky as others. I would say she had it for NO MORE then 5 minutes and droiled into the bottom front of the phone.

I now have streeks and the color is all distorted and I can't get it back. I through it in rice and (unfortunelty)left it on while charging it. So maybe I should have done things differently but this isn't fun!

Well, this may just "make" me want to get the EVO. Sorry to say that because I love the Pre!!! I do, but I want a Sling app. Anyways any hints of what I could do would be well appriciated.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    My wife dropped her pre in the bath.
    That is....so...hot...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    That is....so...hot...
    Let me add to this:
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast