Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Oh lord, the things people do...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I woke up this morning and pulled the phone out from under all of those clothes and believe it or not powered on and is working perfectly. Now wife has to quit talking to her girlfriends while in the bathroom, but that's another issue, another forum. Thank you all for the advice. Gotta make sure I have rice available now. -op-
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    I woke up this morning and pulled the phone out from under all of those clothes and believe it or not powered on and is working perfectly. Now wife has to quit talking to her girlfriends while in the bathroom, but that's another issue, another forum. Thank you all for the advice. Gotta make sure I have rice available now. -op-
    Fantastic! Glad to see everything worked well!
    Go with damp rid or kitty litter. Rice doesn't do anything. The whole reason we boil rice to cook it is because thats how you get it to absorb moisture, if it was constantly absorbing that much moisture it would cook on its own. Basically the rice "trick" is an urban myth, use a product that actually absorbs moisture.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Just spilled a glass of water on my Pre. #$(*!@(#*@!$#!!!!!!!!!

Spilled the glass on my nightstand next to my Pre. Didn't think I got anything on it until a tried to wake it with the power button and nothing happened. Then I noticed it was a bit wet. It still came on via the slider. Regardless, I yanked the battery right away and am now waiting for it to dry out and keeping my fingers crossed. Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh

After letting my Pre dryout overnight (with battery cover and battery removed) everything's working fine. That was the first time I've eve spilled anything on a phone. Figures it'd be my Pre
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    last phone I got wet I ran it through the washer machine, then I dried it in the drier... Turned right on after I took the battery out and put it back in.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by E1Allen View Post
    last phone I got wet I ran it through the washer machine, then I dried it in the drier... Turned right on after I took the battery out and put it back in.
    No, what, wait...you got it wet in the washer and dryer, -- or -- you got it wet and then fixed it by running it through the washer and dryer?
    My last encounter between electronics and water was ten years ago when my daughter pushed me and my StarTac into a pool. Unfortunately there was no StarTaccentral.net back then to query. What an asset this forum is.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I will need to see a recreation of the event to answer, please post a pic of your wife in the bathtub holding the pre.
    I ran out of rice so I put it in my dresser under a bunch of shirts. I just turned it on and full color is back but I still see water lines so back in the dresser.
    You must truly WANT the Pre to be ruined. Why the hell have you kept turning it on?
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Suggestion: Don't use mobile devices while taking a bath.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Suggestion: Don't use mobile devices while taking a bath.
    Suggestion #2: Don't use any electronics, small electrical appliances, AC-powered radios, televisions, hair dryers, cell phones, etc. while taking bath.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katdaddy View Post
    Suggestion #2: Don't use any electronics, small electrical appliances, AC-powered radios, televisions, hair dryers, cell phones, etc. while taking bath.
    But what about battery powered ones?

My beard trimmer works just fine (yep, it is designed for it)
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    It'll come back. I immediately took the battery out, dried it off as much as possible, blew it dry with a computer blowy thing, then set it in a tupperware full of rice. I tried starting it up the next morning, so I plugged it in to charge, then it wouldn't come on!

I figured there was still some wetness and that I'd turned it back on too soon, so I took the battery out, and dried it out in the rice for another whole day. Charged it up and everything has worked fine since.
    I ran out of rice so I put it in my dresser under a bunch of shirts. I just turned it on and full color is back but I still see water lines so back in the dresser.
    Will you please listen to peoples suggestions and quit trying to turn on the phone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Is this something new? Sprint never covered water damage before...Can someone confirm?
    i can confirm. i went swimming with a phone last year - told them exactly what happened and they replaced it under TEP.
    The best part of this thread is that someone thanked the OP post.
    whats the deal with all this rice crap!!!!i do cell phone repair i would see if you stripped the phone to 50 piece then put it in rice but that doesnt do anything..lol take it to a professional that can clean it all up right nice try to cook you a Asian dinner with your pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    whats the deal with all this rice crap!!!!i do cell phone repair i would see if you stripped the phone to 50 piece then put it in rice but that doesnt do anything..lol take it to a professional that can clean it all up right nice try to cook you a Asian dinner with your pre
    Yeah, it couldn't possibly work...

apart from the fact that it has, in numerous cases.
    Coming to Sprint, spring 2010, the waterproof pre!!! that would be pretty cool
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast