1.    #1  
    I have downloaded the USB driver onto my desktop, but when i select it in the Find New Hardware, it says that "the specific location does not contain information about your hardware".

What do I do?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    I have downloaded the USB driver onto my desktop, but when i select it in the Find New Hardware, it says that "the specific location does not contain information about your hardware".

What do I do?
    I'm considering a Pre when Verizon starts selling them but I want to know if the Pre "tethers" with USB and/or Bluetooth.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Tell it you'll pick the driver from a list. When the list comes up, go down to network adapters, then pick "have disk" and point it to the downloaded .inf file.

There was a link to a gum-something-or-other web site in the tether thread that had pictures of each step for Windows XP.....
  4.    #5  
    That's exactly where I was. I clicked on the .inf file and then clicked okay. It then gave me the message the I quoted......
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Root into the Pre and type

usbnet enable

Then reboot. With USBNet enabled on the Pre, Windows will recognize the network adapter per the instructions.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    You're not supposed to double-click on the .inf file. You're supposed to install new hardware and let them do it for you in the appropriate directory.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    having the same problem on XP but working on Windows 7
    The notes on the MyTether site are for Vista/7 driver install... Instructions for XP are different and a bit convoluted.

USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee