1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    FIrst of all, thanks for the advice on Best Buy. I got it there and it was smooth, but they didn't give me any sort of deal on any accessories. I ended up having to go to the sprint store to transfer my numbers though. It was not connecting my Centro right. Oh well.

I do have a question...and one irritation.

Question: When I move my movies from my Centro over, what do I name the folder...? Movies?

Irritation: My damn computer is an older os than the Data Transfer Assistant so I can't use it. I had to export my iCal to get it on my google calendar. stupid!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I think you can just drag the movies into the main drive when you connect the Pre in as a USB drive. That's where the HaveFun movie is, and it shows in the video app.
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    great, thanks!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    just make sure they're in .mp4 format
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    .m4v files also run fine on my Pre.
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I believe they are all mp4's. I only kept a few on my centro, and that is all I need
    funny story, i had a custom rom image on my htc touch pro and i warned the guy before he tried to send my contacts but anyways, when he tried to send the contacts it froze his umpc and i had to manually add the contacts (not funny)
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    FIrst of all, thanks for the advice on Best Buy. I got it there and it was smooth, but they didn't give me any sort of deal on any accessories. I ended up having to go to the sprint store to transfer my numbers though. It was not connecting my Centro right. Oh well.

I do have a question...and one irritation.

Question: When I move my movies from my Centro over, what do I name the folder...? Movies?

Irritation: My damn computer is an older os than the Data Transfer Assistant so I can't use it. I had to export my iCal to get it on my google calendar. stupid!
    Did you come in to my Best Buy store? I think you were the guy with the Texas A&M shirt on??
    I also picked up my pre today and I'm loving it
    Congratulations on your new Pres.
    I've spent lots of time with the iPhone and I just have to say, I'm soooo happy that I went with Sprint and my lovely Palm Pre. Great job Palm, my friends with iPhones are jealous.
    P.S. I'm a novice musician, please check out my work if you get a chance, thanks much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndDayRiffs
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Darn. I should of gone to Radio Shack. They had them in stock but I went to the Sprint Store and they were out of them. Oh well. A day or two won't kill me.
    Yes, welcome to the wonderful world that is the Pre. I think you will enjoy the phone, lots here have.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    enjoy- I use mine all day long and love it. I had a 'smartphone' previously and while I could technically do similar things to the pre, it was such a pain that I rarely did. The pre really makes so many things quick and painless. Enjoy!
    congrats.
    Enjoy!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I got mine on 8/1 as well, from a Sprint store. Yes, I have the $100 rebate instead of the instant one, but when I asked how much it was for an extra wall charger with the cable, she gave it to me for free! Yay for Sprint.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!