Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I originally bought my palm pre on 7./15/09 with a warranty code of 7.7.09..Im starting to think the warranty code isnt a level of build quality but rather the day that paticular unit batch came from...anyway after deciphering I decided to return/exchange my pre..and they said my phone had reception issues that was killing the battery etc..they gave me a new one however the one I have has a warranty code of 6/19.09 and activated on 6.26.09.

.I think they gave me a refurbish phone?...should I go back and ask for a brand new one or what?..Just looking to gain some outlook on this I never had an issue with past phones and not sure what I should expect seeing how I bought the phone and my 30 days isnt up until 8.15.09 frankly a refurbish shouldn't be given to people so early on especially since I just paid for this phone 2weeks ago....they did give me a free micro usb cord so I didn't have to buy a spare...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I know I wouldn't settle with a refurb unit
    Sprint gave me a refurb phone within my 30 days, which is against their policy. You call customer service and they can check if your phone is considered refurb or not
    just type ##786# into your dial pad and check the "RECONDDATE" & "RECONSTATUS" for the date it will be --/--/--- and status NO if its new. if its refurb, then you will see a date like 07312009 and yes for the status

Also if the replacement phone is working well then you could consider keeping it. I know getting a refurb phone is disturbing, but the main goal is to get something which isn't defective or has issues.

Good Luck
    take it back and get your money back. then wait like i am.

i had problems within two weeks and am doing just that. matter of fact i discoverd at best buy (i dont work there) their hardware plan will give you a new phone and not a referb and there is no deductable. it is 3 more a month but may be worth it. i have not decided yet.

but anyway. there is no way i would settle for a referb unit, i dont know why there is not much difference but if your paying full price then..........

it does suck going back to your old phone but i thing the wait will be worth it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    just type ##786# into your dial pad and check the "RECONDDATE" & "RECONSTATUS" for the date it will be --/--/---
    Very cool trick
    I'm writing this one down
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    just type ##786# into your dial pad and check the "RECONDDATE" & "RECONSTATUS" for the date it will be --/--/--- and status NO if its new. if its refurb, then you will see a date like 07312009 and yes for the status

Also if the replacement phone is working well then you could consider keeping it. I know getting a refurb phone is disturbing, but the main goal is to get something which isn't defective or has issues.

Good Luck
    Thanks so much I checked and both fields are blank and it says "no" so it isnt a "refurb I guess" right now my batter life has improved..I had a full charge at 9.45pm...made voice calls, sms usage and browsed the web on 3 diff websites for roughly 1hr and half and got home and it was at 58%..I arrived home at 4am..so Im happy now reception seems better and im content..but either way if I have issues I have TEP and 1yr factory warranty....well its now 6.26am and its been off charger since 9.45pm and its now down to 51% with all I did im happy now ! I may finally have a decent unit
    My phone was flagged as refurb by Sprint even though the Refurb=no in ##786#. I think that refurb section is only if the phone has made it back to the manufacturer. If sprint takes in a return and then directly sells it to you, if wont say refurb in the phone software but the inventory system has it flagged as not new.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    My phone was flagged as refurb by Sprint even though the Refurb=no in ##786#. I think that refurb section is only if the phone has made it back to the manufacturer. If sprint takes in a return and then directly sells it to you, if wont say refurb in the phone software but the inventory system has it flagged as not new.
    I'm not sure what store you went to but they are not allowed to directly sell you a product that was previously sold and returned. They are required to return those to the manufacturer. They can sell you a product that was previously opened and fondled but not sold. But they still consider that "new."
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    Idk and honestly I dont want to get the point where I feel like im "looking" for an issue...granted this phone has a build date of 6.19.09 and act date of 6.26.09 and my original one was 7.7.09 act date of 7.15.09..this phone works great battery life is SUPERB it last how its supposed to I take it off charger at appx 7.30am home by 6.30pm and moderate use web browsing and I still be at 58% remaining so im satisified it last thru the day..also there really isnt a "definitve' way to determine if the phone is new or not as someone may return the device but im sure someone re sold them if they were in good condition.