Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i bought my pre on June 11th, and now it has a really bad oreo effect

porfusion. com/pre.jpg

sorry i dont have >10 posts, so i couldnt post as href or img

so its well out of the 30day period, will sprint still replace this ?

http://www.porfusion.com/pre.jpg
    Last edited by palandri; 08/01/2009 at 02:10 PM.
    Holy crap.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by porfuse View Post
    i bought my pre on June 11th, and now it has a really bad oreo effect

porfusion. com/pre.jpg/
    Wow....I assume you don't use any type of screen protector either?

so its well out of the 30day period, will sprint still replace this ?
    They should...or Palm should....only one way of finding out. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    na i hate screen protection.. i guess i'll head to a sprint store and start my rant
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have never seen anything that bad!

Did you drop it or something?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    na i hate screen protection.. i guess i'll head to a sprint store and start my rant
    Just be prepared for them to tell you to go through insurance, cause they're probably gonna say you broke it.
    I don't see how that's physically possible without trying to force something.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I know there's phones out there with looser sliders than others, but honestly, this looks like abuse to me. But of course, I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Just be prepared for them to tell you to go through insurance, cause they're probably gonna say you broke it.
    Yes, considering what the screen looks like, it does have an "abused" look to it. Now, if you had a nice scratch free screen, the Sprint rep might be more sympathetic to your problem but from the looks of that picture, they might think you tossed it across a gravel road.
    More than likely they will say you broke it. By looking at the pic it APPEARS some abuse took place (Not saying it did) My wife's pre has a small crack on the bottom right near the mic (we never dropped it... actually we baby our phones) and Sprint will not take it back w/o $100 deductible (we decided to keep phone since it works well and if any thing pops up in the future then we will consider the $100 deductible).

Just be prepared for them to refuse an exchange or to pay a $100 deductible

Best of Luck
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    its been dropped 3 times resulting in some cosmetic damage... but the oreo thing was progressive...

but really though i havent forced anything it just started to get worse from day one and now im sick of it
    My screen is perfectly fine....if you spend 10 minutes with a soft cloth buffing all the face grease off. If you don't, then it kinda looks like the one in the picture. There is just no way that you can keep a touchscreen clean, and I really don't see the point in obsessing over it. Now if all those marks are scratches.......that's a different story.
    Geez are we REALLY that gullible on this forum? CLEARLY the Pre picture is in two pieces. This is NOT an 'oreo' effect. This is more likely a Pre that has been dropped and broke in half or has been intentionally twisted till it broke.

A mod REALLY should remove this thread -- it offers nothing constructive to the forum and is OBVIOUSLY an intentional misrepresentation.

Please DO NOT feed this TROLL.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Geez are we REALLY that gullible on this forum? CLEARLY the Pre picture is in two pieces. This is NOT an 'oreo' effect. This is more likely a Pre that has been dropped and broke in half or has been intentionally twisted till it broke.

A mod REALLY should remove this thread -- it offers nothing constructive to the forum and is OBVIOUSLY an intentional misrepresentation.

The more I look at it, the more I agree with you.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    hold on im uploading a video to prove it... will be ready in 4 mins
    Oh c'mon...that's a bit harsh, don't you think? Someone really would go to the trouble of destroying a Pre just to troll about it?

I've seen another pic, just like that one on another site...can't remember where now but I can believe that the oreo effect can get worse over time until something breaks. Especially if people keep twisting it a little every day to see how bad it's getting.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

+1
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    My screen is perfectly fine....if you spend 10 minutes with a soft cloth buffing all the face grease off. If you don't, then it kinda looks like the one in the picture. There is just no way that you can keep a touchscreen clean, and I really don't see the point in obsessing over it. Now if all those marks are scratches.......that's a different story.
    this is correct, the screen is just really dirty i didnt clean it for the picture

none of the scratches are really bad
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Geez are we REALLY that gullible on this forum? CLEARLY the Pre picture is in two pieces. This is NOT an 'oreo' effect. This is more likely a Pre that has been dropped and broke in half or has been ................deleted the rest of the lame quote
    anyways heres a video of the pre for proof its not broken:

porfusion.com /pre.avi

http://www.porfusion.com/pre.avi
    Last edited by palandri; 08/01/2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    wow ok evidently i was wrong- how in the WORLD does the pre twist that much??
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
    --------------
    you see its crazy !

im going now i'll let you all know what goes down
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast