Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Any advice for how to add a new contact and phone number the quickest? I've been opening the contacts app and adding a new 1 that way, but I find it makes for awkward pauses when a person is standing there waiting to give me a #. Anybody experience the same thing or find a quicker way to do this?
    If they have a phone on them, I just have them call my cell and then worry about adding the info from the Phone App later.
    Or open the phone app and dial the # then click the <Add to Contacts> button at the bottom!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    Or open the phone app and dial the # then click the <Add to Contacts> button at the bottom!
    This is my suggestion too.
    Any chance for integration with universal search? Like you dial the number and an 'add contact' button pops up.
    I read here somewhere that URLs are dealt with (=you can launch them directly from universal search).
    So maybe Palm could add this functionality as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    Any chance for integration with universal search? Like you dial the number and an 'add contact' button pops up.
    I read here somewhere that URLs are dealt with (=you can launch them directly from universal search).
    So maybe Palm could add this functionality as well.
    check/post this in the homebrew forums, someone there could probably do it pretty easily...good idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    Any chance for integration with universal search?
    It's already integrated. Just type a number in universal search and if it is not a number in your phone you will see an option to "save to contacts" appear below the number.

This is the method I recommend!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayem View Post
    It's already integrated. Just type a number in universal search and if it is not a number in your phone you will see an option to "save to contacts" appear below the number.

This is the method I recommend!
    +1

Between this method and the one described above (one person calling the other), there's no reason to open the Contacts app to add a contact.

If I'm home and adding several contacts I just do it in Outlook and sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayem View Post
    It's already integrated
    nice
    I tried a random number in the emulator before posting but it just wasn't long enough to be recognized.
    heh
    /EU/GR/