Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My google chat will randomly disconnect and I have to go into preferences to sign in. This happens at least a few times a day. And it only just started a few days ago when I removed the profile trying to get someone else added to my buddies list. Anyone have suggestions or know of this?

one other issue is when I sign in, then immediately go back into preferences it asks for my password, like it's not logged in. Even though once I click "sign in" it is connected. I'm lost, but it's becoming a frustrating issue as I use gtalk a lot.

Thanks ahead of time!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I sometimes have to go back into the "Buddies" section of the messaging app to make sure I'm still logged in cause it will disconnect at random times. I never have had to re-enter a password though. Sometimes it will stay connected all night and other times I have to go and change the status to available four times a day. Weird.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Is there no solution? It seems to cut out randomly, but every time I'm on the phone it logs me out, and usually when I hit roaming (inside some buildings). I can understand the roaming. But it's randomly disconnecting and doing the same on phone calls, and it's becoming an issue for me as I use it a lot.

It wasn't doing this a couple months ago, it seems like it started about 2 weeks ago or so.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Well unless you are on wifi then it will cut off while you are on the phone, you cant use and internet/data connection simultaneously with a voice/phone connection. Thats w/ any cell phone not just the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by smi77y View Post
    My google chat will randomly disconnect and I have to go into preferences to sign in. This happens at least a few times a day. And it only just started a few days ago when I removed the profile trying to get someone else added to my buddies list. Anyone have suggestions or know of this?

one other issue is when I sign in, then immediately go back into preferences it asks for my password, like it's not logged in. Even though once I click "sign in" it is connected. I'm lost, but it's becoming a frustrating issue as I use gtalk a lot.

Thanks ahead of time!
    I have had this same issue. Although in my experience it has happened from day 1. I have never been able to maintain a reliable connection with google talk. It works very randomly. It even seems as if the only time it works is when I least need it to. And if I am able to start a conversation using Google Talk, to be sure it will log me out soon.

The only differences between your situation and mine is: When I attempt to re-sign in , it successfully logs back in only maybe 1 out of every 10-20 tries. Usually it just says "Signing In..." and will stay that way for a minute or so and then return to saying "offline". At this point I usually just have to leave it and see if it is logged in later in the day.

And I have never had to re-enter my password. At least not during any sort of normal usage. In the past I tried deleting the account from my Pre and reinstall the account on Pre, of course then I had to re-enter my password. Other than that, never.

I would love to see a fix for this or at least a better understanding of what is going on with it.
    Handspring Treo 300 --> Handspring Treo 600--> PalmOne Treo 650--> HTC PPC 6700--> HTC Mogul---> HTC Touch Pro---> Palm Pre
    I'm having this issue since I erase the Pre and load WebOS 1.3.1, never had a problem before