1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the Pre will support Slingbox? I am finding it difficult just living with Sprint TV. It's good, just not Slingbox good.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonecop View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the Pre will support Slingbox? I am finding it difficult just living with Sprint TV. It's good, just not Slingbox good.
    Hmmm. I don't think I've heard anything about this.

If Slingbox was to partner up with Palm then it would be a pretty big deal.

I don't think Sprint would approve. They would be scared that it would destroy their network.

Sprint won't even let the Goat download MP3's until he gets home to his WiFi.

-Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I remember seeing something about Slingbox... I don't remember in which forum it was in, but try Search.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by phonecop View Post
    I also forgot to ask about flash and Divx apps. I go to a few websites that use them and I have no luck in finding any downloads. Definitely not complaining, I can't say enough about the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonecop
    A big thread about it on the SlingCommunity forums - nothing even being rumored about it at this time. There have been some good false rumors like this article, but so far it's just wishful thinking.
    What about Orb? If you have a TV card in your computer you can watch TV. I've never tried watching a recorded TV show via the computer, but it should be possible, or play a DVD off your computer via Orb. I use Orb on my Treo Pro.

http://www.orb.com/

My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Originally posted by palandri:
    What about Orb? If you have a TV card in your computer you can watch TV. I've never tried watching a recorded TV show via the computer, but it should be possible, or play a DVD off your computer via Orb. I use Orb on my Treo Pro.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    Orb works on the Pre. You can view the directions in this thread "Definitive Guide To Setting Up Orb On Pre" I used it when the instructions were originally posted. I haven't used it lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Orb works on the Pre. You can view the directions in this thread "Definitive Guide To Setting Up Orb On Pre" I used it when the instructions were originally posted. I haven't used it lately.
    What does the Slingbox do that Orb can't?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'd like to know that
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I think v1.1 update broke Orb... can't seem to stream video anymore. Can anyone else confirm?
    I think it's just a matter of time. Slingplayer was available on the PalmOS, and Sprint's network seemed to survive. It will need deeper access than what you get with the WebOS SDK, but I think we'll see it eventually.