1.    #1  
    Post 1.1 I've been having this issue where sometimes their home button stays lit even once the screen is off. It's a pretty random thing...but the only way I can get the LED off is by turning the screen on and then off again. Anyone else have the same issue?
    Hah yea once, thought it was just me! Like I said though it only happened once, maybe twice, and I haven't been able to re-create it! I'm not too concerned with it...how many times has it happened, and do you know what you were doing at the time?
    Same here, I had it happen once. I was using the beta version of Twee, and just assumed it migh have something to do with that. Apparently not, but it hasn't repeated.
    I've had that happen a few times as well, I don't worry about it too much.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    This happened to me just the other day. I even turned off the phone and it stayed lit for a minute after being off. Turned it back on and no problem since.. idk, maybe it was a fluke?
  6.    #6  
    It's probably happed ~10 times total so it's not a huge deal...was mostly curious as to why it happens. A lot of times it takes a solid 20-30 seconds for the light to turn off after the screen is off, which is also weird and happens much more frequently. At first I was worried about effect on battery life but after thinking about it LEDs use so little battery that it wouldn't make any difference..right?
    I reproduced the results. Put a thumb or finger in the gesture area, and keep it there while pressing the lock button on the top. It remains on, for at least a little while. I don't think this is what's causing this problem, but maybe it's close?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty613 View Post
    I reproduced the results. Put a thumb or finger in the gesture area, and keep it there while pressing the lock button on the top. It remains on, for at least a little while. I don't think this is what's causing this problem, but maybe it's close?
    Good bug find
    It's the same sorta thing, but the light goes off when you unlock, where as before in my situation the only thing that fixed it was a reboot.
  9. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have had this issue and I find it really amusing. I keep thinking 1.1 has given us a notification light without us realizing it. It can be done, folks!
    (not like I actually know or am a developer at all or anything :P)
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I have experienced this same exact problem about 3 times. Each of these times the phone had gotten really hot. The first time it happened after I got off a long phone call. The second time I was charging and the phone got hot. The third time (yesterday) I was on my deck in the sun listening to Pandora. The phone is nearly unusable when this happens as I think the phone thinks that the gesture area is being touched (cards were moving around without me touching the phone).

Glad to know that I'm not the only one with this random problem. However, I am a bit concerned about this if it continues to happen when the phone gets hot, which is often. It is very frustrating to have to wait for it to fix itself, especially if I need to do something urgently.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    This has progressively gotten worse for me. The home button stays lit and the phone even does its own gestures. I was in the SMS app typing a message and it backs me out completely (two back gestures) without me doing anything. The phone is useless when this happens.

I have video of this if anyone is interested. I'm on vacation for another week, but plan to bring my phone into a Sprint store as soon as I get home. Hopefully I can make it through the week!
    I've just noticed that if I leave my finger on the gesture area when I lock the phone, the home button will stay lit. The only way to turn it off is to unlock the phone again and tap the gesture area.

Should I be worried? It seems to work fine otherwise, no phantom gestures or anything like that.

Oops, saw that someone already mentioned this... does this happen to everyone? Don't remember it on my first Pre.