Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Okay guys, if any of you can help me with this, I would be SO appreciative!!

I donated toward the MyTether cause to get the tethering homebrew that was available without rooting my Pre. It went on fine to my old Pre, but I exchanged my Pre today and it refuses to go onto this one! I haven't changed any settings, the Pre is in DevMode, have the SDK, VirtualBox, Java, Novacomd, everything needed...but it will not go onto the Pre. When I click Install/Upgrade on the MyTether, it installs and says successful, but it doesn't show up on the Pre itself.

Any suggestions? I'm sure it's user failure, but please, if anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong, I'd love a nudge in the right direction. Thanks so much!
    Have you tried rebooting.....
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yes, I've rebooted my phone, computer, pretty much whatever could possibly be rebooted half a dozen times. Still no go.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    The one difference I am seeing is the fact that my computer is not recognizing the phone now...not sure why...so does anyone know how to make the computer recognize the phone for what it really is? It's saying that the device driver wasn't successfully installed and it is calling the phone an OMAP3430.

Again, most likely user failure on my end...