Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    noticed the volume is lower all around but it's much peppier with better battery life now
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I looked around as much as possible, but didn't see any comments with regards to mass texting.

It looks like you can now send the same text to GOBS of people at once.

I often find myself needing to send the same message to a handful of people at the same time. On my Treo 755p, and also on my Pre before this release, I could only add 12 or so names at a time per text.

Last night I had to change my number, so it required me to send A LOT of the same text. I didn't count how many I sent at one time, but it was WELL over 100 people on one distribution list. I got responses from several of the people, so I know it went through.

I am very happy about this one!! Now all I need is a way to create groups, so I don't have to select the same people over and over.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I noticed when sending out a text message that apparently I had gone over the 160 character limit as the paperplane icon had a little 2 next to the icon indicating that my message would be sent as 2 separate text messages. I deleted a few characters within the text message and the little 2 number disappeared.

Character count would still be nice =)
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    I noticed when sending out a text message that apparently I had gone over the 160 character limit as the paperplane icon had a little 2 next to the icon indicating that my message would be sent as 2 separate text messages. I deleted a few characters within the text message and the little 2 number disappeared.

Character count would still be nice =)
    that is not a new feature by the way...

web OS always did that since day one...
    so after almost a week with 1.1 I can honestly say IT'S GREAT!! despite my initial concerns, I am seeing a vast improvement in battery (mostly in standby times) and my Exchange push (EAS) is rocking without any missed emails like before. Also, the web browser feel much more stable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by acculver View Post
    How did you do the BibleGateway? I would love to add that thanks
    You have to have root access, and modify the program. It's not difficult, but you do have to have root access.

Global Search Addons - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePoppa View Post
    Anyone having issues with SplashID since upgrading to webOS 1.1? Mine is coming up blank (as in plan white screen) now even after deleting and reinstalling it mulitple times. It's a great tool for storing screen name and account logins and so forth so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
    No problems with it here. Version 0.4.8. Have you contacted SplashData?
    -JerryG
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    No problems with it here. Version 0.4.8. Have you contacted SplashData?
    -JerryG
    No Jerry I have not tried contacting them yet but I will today. Thanks for the feedback.
    No problem with Splash ID here after 1.1 update (at least it loads and I see the data)
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Not new, but definitely a very handy feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by maskott View Post
    Not sure if this has already been noted, or even if it is new to 1.1, but last night I realized that if I type something into universal search that has a period, a new button appears that opens the browser to that address. IE, typing "precentral.net" adds a button to directly access the web site. Very convenient!
    It is very efficient!
    It looks like the home page of the Sprint TV channel has changed. So nothing big here.
    Latest rumor that 1.1.1 is out in the wild - not sure if Palm would go with 1.1.1 or with 1.2? Either way: New Palm Pre Firmware? TechStooge
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    Latest rumor that 1.1.1 is out in the wild - not sure if Palm would go with 1.1.1 or with 1.2? Either way: New Palm Pre Firmware? TechStooge
    well this rumor has it that ull be able to change ur sms ringtone finally...cool but thats all it says
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Dude they screwed over my roam only option idk but i see a bunch of weird security options that i cant change if someone could help me with that my aim is sloppyjm
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    Since the update...the signal has been better.

I used to get one or two bars at home and it would jump around alot. But now its consistent at around 3 bars. I'm happy.
    yeah come to think about it y signal might seem better will report back if it is still jumpy ...(thats the only use i had for a roam only option)
    I've been keeping up with this thread and have not seen it mentioned. Along with some Tasks app enhancements, the reminders notification seems to be working as intended (it's still crippled that you can't set the reminder time though). Notifications of due (or overdue) tasks appear after midnight - no reset required anymore.

It's quite daunting to go through >900 posts to see what's new in 1.1.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Crazy. I've been able to e-mail pics to twitpic and myself without issue. I wonder what the difference is between your two phones and mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Crazy. I've been able to e-mail pics to twitpic and myself without issue. I wonder what the difference is between your two phones and mine.
    same here ive been str8
  20.    #600  
    Please post your feedback about webOS1.1 into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.1 New Features & Changes Found

webOS 1.1 Issues

webOS 1.1 Discussion (This thread.)

Any discussions about webOS 1.1 not about new features or changes found or issues will be moved here.

The purpose of using three threads instead of one is so that you will no longer need to dig through a thousand posts just to find the new features. The Issues thread will be just the issues that you want to report. The Discussion is all webOS 1.1 posts that do not fit into the other two thread.

We hope you like this new focused approach and ask your help by posting to the right forums. Please be patient. This will take the moderators a little time to sort out the 1,000 or so posts so far!
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/01/2009 at 12:31 AM.