Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    The emoticon graphics are hilarious. Green Battery is "Cool", Red Battery is "Cry", etc.

LOL
    I can - didnt even realize it was part of the new IOS, then I typed in :-S, and got an emoticon on text!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre Diddy View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I have to say the touchscreen is much more responsive now. Before I had to touch a few times for certain things before if would recognize the touch. Works much better now.
    ~ Agreed !! :-) first thing I noticed...but still having trouble connecting to secure Exchange
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessOverride View Post
    downloaded, validating...

gonna check my tethering still works after its installs.....

What do you mean by tethering? Do you have an app that can turn the Pre into a modem for laptop internet access?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    What do you mean by tethering? Do you have an app that can turn the Pre into a modem for laptop internet access?
    It's a Homebrew App.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-0-7-27-a.html
    This just in at 9:10 am Eastern Time, direct from Sprint Technical Support. The current version of WebOS is ver. 1.0.4 released on July 10.

That's right, guys. All of you who think you have ver. 1.1 have been absorbed by the Matrix and are engaged in a mass hallucination.

Why do I know this? When I check Device Info, my phone tells me that I have ver. 1.0.4. Five days into the "so called" release of ver. 1.1 I called Sprint to find out where my ver. 1.1 is. They assure that my phone is working fine, and that even though ver. 1.1 has been announced, "it probably hasn't been released because it must still have some bugs in it."

Just wanted all of you to know.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jws021 View Post
    This just in at 9:10 am Eastern Time, direct from Sprint Technical Support. The current version of WebOS is ver. 1.0.4 released on July 10.

That's right, guys. All of you who think you have ver. 1.1 have been absorbed by the Matrix and are engaged in a mass hallucination.

Why do I know this? When I check Device Info, my phone tells me that I have ver. 1.0.4. Five days into the "so called" release of ver. 1.1 I called Sprint to find out where my ver. 1.1 is. They assure that my phone is working fine, and that even though ver. 1.1 has been announced, "it probably hasn't been released because it must still have some bugs in it."

What's that guy been smoking. Yours must not have updated yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jws021 View Post

Device Info on FiG's pre:

VERSION Palm webOS 1.1.0

=]

Try using the "Updates" app. That should get you there.
    Fix Performance, FIRST. Then add dopey transition eye candy features like with the photos now...
    Emoticons are adorable... Sorry. I just saw them as soon as it got done loading and found this site the day I got it... I love it. That's the only thing I've looked at, but had to post a thingy about it.
    The volume drop is the only issue I've noticed so far. I really wish they'd fix the alert sounds coming through the earpiece when your on a call. It's completely obnoxious and blocks out the caller.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebinary View Post
    Yup - Palm confirms they **** up the volume in 1.1.0 and that a patch is under development.

Eric
    Yay!
    Yup - Palm confirms they **** up the volume in 1.1.0 and that a patch is under development.

Eric
    Source?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    i thought it always powered on the screen for a bit. something I always had a minor complaint.
    Strange, it never did that for me after I disabled "show notifications when locked".
    I love everyone.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_Ben View Post
    My universal search additions are gone. Specifically, I had BibleGateway on there, and now it's gone. Check yours and confirm!

edit: also I can confirm the Add/Remove launcher page edit is reverted.
    How did you do the BibleGateway? I would love to add that thanks

Eric
    I Found that the similes in text messages (it has 3 to choose from) actually appear animated in your conversation after you send them. cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidOneill137 View Post
    I Found that the similes in text messages (it has 3 to choose from) actually appear animated in your conversation after you send them. cool!
    Actually It has 6...... smiley face [colon, end parenthesis] Sad face [colon, start parenthesis] surprised face [colon, lowercase "o"] Laughing face [colon, capital "D"] wink face [semicolon, end parenthesis] and the toungue face [colon, lowercase "p"] (at least thats what I know....)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    Actually It has 6...... smiley face [colon, end parenthesis] Sad face [colon, start parenthesis] surprised face [colon, lowercase "o"] Laughing face [colon, capital "D"] wink face [semicolon, end parenthesis] and the toungue face [colon, lowercase "p"] (at least thats what I know....)
    More like 21:

http://forums.precentral.net/1773489-post19.html
    Have not seen animations though...?
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/29/2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: link