Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
    Idk if you could do this before the update but you could type any of your contact's initials on the launcher and their the contact will show up
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, that was there before. Very useful, and I used it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.wolfe77 View Post
    Ha Ha take that apple, i itunes is back!!!!! Whos your daddy? Thats right... Pre's your daddy.
    HAHAHA Pre's YOUR DADDY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8spik098 View Post
    HAHAHA Pre's YOUR DADDY!!
    Hahaha you are the son of silicon and copper!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treblig82 View Post
    one great thing i notice this morning was the ALARM!!!

on ver 1.0.4 when the alarm went off and you would hit the snooze button on screen the alarm would go off again in 5 minutes ! this sucked when i wanted 10 or 30 minutes extra to sleep i would have to hit that thing multiple times because i'm a lazy ******* !

now on ver 1.1.0 the snooze button last 10 minutes!!! ****** yeah!!!
    That explains why I was late for work the other day...usually hit the snooze button three times which used to be fifteen minutes...
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by treblig82 View Post
    one great thing i notice this morning was the ALARM!!!

on ver 1.0.4 when the alarm went off and you would hit the snooze button on screen the alarm would go off again in 5 minutes ! this sucked when i wanted 10 or 30 minutes extra to sleep i would have to hit that thing multiple times because i'm a lazy ******* !

now on ver 1.1.0 the snooze button last 10 minutes!!! ****** yeah!!!
    I never use the snooze, I used 2 alarms, 15 minutes apart, and use the dismiss button instead.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    38 pages so maybe someone has mentioned this but I searched the thread and it doesn't look like it. Before 1.1, when you were streaming audio, if you tried to change cards or even just minimize the streaming card, the stream would stop. Now you can stream audio and put it in the background and it will continue to play just like Pandora or the media player.

HUGE fix!
    ?? I thought I used to do that in 1.0.4 all the time. Play Pandora while looking at another app. I'm 99% sure it used to work that way before 1.1
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    ?? I thought I used to do that in 1.0.4 all the time. Play Pandora while looking at another app. I'm 99% sure it used to work that way before 1.1
    He mentioned that Pandora and the media player could already do that but now streaming audio can do so as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsrobinson04 View Post
    still looking for the devil face...anyone find it?
    :evil
    :twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWood View Post
    Version information

* Version: webOS 1.1.0
    * Release date: 23 July 2009
    * Configuration: Sprint 1.7

New applications
    NFL Mobile Live from Sprint

* Watch or listen to live NFL games right on your phone.

Feature changes to existing applications
    Calendar

* For Calendar accounts you create on your phone, the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events. A few notes:
    o This change applies only if software version 1.1 was on your phone when you bought it, or if you did a partial or full erase on your phone and signed in to your Palm profile again after updating to version 1.1. If you simply update your phone to software version 1.1, the default reminder intervals in Calendar do not change.
    o This change applies only to Calendar events you create on your phone, not to events that are synchronized to your phone from an online account.

Camera

* The Photos application opens more quickly when launched from the camera.

Clock

* Enhanced support for time zones in Clock.
    * When you set an alarm in Clock, an alarm icon appears in the notification area at the bottom of the screen. Tap the icon to display alarm details. Alarm details include the following:
    o If the alarm is set for the current day, the alarm time appears.
    o If the alarm is set for tomorrow, the alarm time and "Tomorrow" appear.
    o If the alarm is set for any day other than today or tomorrow, the day of the alarm appears.

Contacts

* Friends added and deleted in Facebook on the web are now correctly added and deleted in the Facebook account in Contacts on the phone.
    * As soon as you create or makes changes to a Google contact on the phone, the phone begins a sync to reflect those changes in Google on the web.

Email

* When you set up an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) email account, you can enter the mail server name as an IP address.
    * Support for self-signed certificates with multiple common names has been added.
    * When you reply to an email in HTML format using an EAS account, the formatting of the sender's original message is now retained in the reply.
    * Palm's EAS implementation now supports several Exchange ActiveSync Policies, including the following:
    o PIN/Password Required. IT administrators can ensure a password is assigned to the phone. Administrators can also specify the minimum length of the password.
    o Inactivity timeout. IT administrators can ensure that an inactive phone goes into a locked state after a certain time period. You cannot set a higher timeout interval for your phone, but you can set a shorter interval.
    o Remote Wipe. IT Administrators can remotely erase all data on a phone from their Exchange console. IT administrators can also have the device wipe itself if an incorrect password is entered more than a specified number of times.

Messaging

* You can enter emoticons in new text, multimedia, and instant messages. Emoticons also display in incoming messages.
    * If you set the phone to use a 24-hour time format, the message times shown in a conversation appear in 24-hour time.
    * If you go into an IM account's preferences, all the options are available even if you are signed in to the account. You can tap Remove Account to delete the account, enter a new password to update the password, or tap Sign In to sign in with your updated password. Previously, you needed to sign out of the account before you could use these preferences.
    * When you delete an IM account, a message now appears asking you to confirm that you want to delete the account.

Phone

* When multiple missed call notifications are displayed on the dashboard, the time of the most recent missed call is shown.
    * When you slide the ringer switch off, a bell icon with a slash is displayed. Previously, the icon was a speaker with a slash.
    * In Phone Preferences, the Show Contact Matches preference is now turned on by default. When typing on the keyboard in the phone app, the phone automatically displays both the numbers being entered and any contact matches for the characters entered.

System

* Improved functionality of person reminders. A person reminder is a notification that you create in a contact entry. The notification appears when you have a call or exchange an email, text, multimedia, or IM message with a contact.
    * Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).
    * When you enter a search term in Card view or the Launcher to perform a universal search, if you select the Wikipedia web search option, results are shown in the Wikipedia Mobile site instead of the Desktop site.

Web

* You can now use symbols from the symbols table (Sym Sym key icon + key) when you enter text into a web page dialog box.
    * If you have a page open at a certain zoom level, leave the page, and use the onscreen Back Web Back button button or the back gesture to return to the page, the zoom level is restored right away.
    * A new gesture is now available that works the same as the onscreen Forward Web Forward button button. To move forward through open web pages, make a short swipe left to right in the gesture area.
    * When using the Wikipedia drop-down search feature in the address bar, results are shown in the Wikipedia Mobile site instead of the Desktop site.
    * When you tap a link, the link appears highlighted to indicate it has been activated, even if it takes a moment for the linked page to open.

YouTube

* After you enter search text, you can tap the Search Search icon icon to perform a search. You still have the option of pressing Enter Enter key to perform the search.
    Ron,
    You've got too much time on your hands but very well appreciated!
    Does tethering not work with Vista? I can't seem to get it to work...Help...please?
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    I'm not updating now due to fear of it breaking tethering, which I'm probably going to need on my trip this weekend. But I'm looking forward to seeing all your reports.

-Z
    Are you by any chance using Windows Vista with tethering? mine doesn't seem to work...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but a [full] list of emoticons can be accessed by:
    1. Open messaging
    2. Open the menu
    3. Select Help
    4. Select 'Use emoticons in a message' (4th one)

For those too lazy (don't know what's up with the icons on the left):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    and it still doesn't take video!!
    and still no world of warcraft!!

still... no... heat seeking missiles!!!!
    But on the plus side, they upgraded the camera with the latest firmware release. It's now 10 megapixel and with an adapter can accept SLR lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    Well if you consider how hot it gets in poor reception areas. You could pull those heat seeking missiles off track.
    No crap! Before my phone went for a dip, when I was in low reception areas, the thing would heat up like crazy and I had to put it in airplane mode.

Quote Originally Posted by jason12 View Post
    I just noticed that when you type things like r and u it automatically turns to are and you after you hit the space bar. I really wish there was a real spelling auto correct feature, but this is cool nonetheless.
    There are a few others I've tried out. Not sure of the whole list, but teh changes to the, ive to I've, i to I, ill to I'll, havent to haven't. One minor annoyance is that if you type in U at the beginning of a sentence, it changes it to you...no caps...wtf.
    What changes have been made to the way the Clock handles timezones?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been said..don't feel like searching through all the pages...but if you have a long text and it gets past 160 characters the send button has a small 2 by it to let you know its 2 messages now.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Not sure if this has been said..don't feel like searching through all the pages...but if you have a long text and it gets past 160 characters the send button has a small 2 by it to let you know its 2 messages now.

It was allways did this since 1.0.
    Update was very smooth. The NFL app is a great touch. Gotta love Palm. Oh and how do you take a screenshot? Does it have to be done in the emulator?
    How the email notifications are updated on Pre is simply amazing. I can delete an email from gmail on computer and in 2 seconds the notification on Pre is either updated or disappears - love it.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I have pretty large lists in Tasks. I spend a good amount of time reordering the items in these lists; which can be done by dragging an item to a new position. With previous versions of WebOS it was only possible to drag something to a new location provided that new location could be displayed at the same time. In other words, if you wanted to move an item to a location off of the screen you couldn't.

WebOS 1.1 has fixed this. Items can now be dragged to anywhere in the list.
    400+ people on your contacts, dozens and dozens of tasks, and you still have time to average 10 posts a day over the past 3 months.