Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Anybody know if they have fixed the issue with Hotmail that was draining battery life?
    I swear Onyxia deep breaths more after this patch.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njwilson View Post
    Wrong forum
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    THEY NEED SOCCER
    +2

--Euro
    --MLS
    --FMF
    --South America

Need my soccer fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by njwilson View Post
    Than your guild needs to l2 dps nub.

I couldn't help it, delete my post if you need admins. :P
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I have to say the touchscreen is much more responsive now. Before I had to touch a few times for certain things before if would recognize the touch. Works much better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
    All the iPhone users at work ( and there are a bunch ) have no problem connecting to our WiFi at work. There is an auto certificate required. My IT person won't give it to me manually due to security.

I had hope this upgrade would fix this.

Come on Palm. This is a major shortcoming!
    You hope the update would change you IT's mind?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    jriskin,

I had to do a partial erase and then have my contacts resynced through logging in to Palm for my backup (definitely somewhat of a pain because of the loss of downloaded application data). But it works now to put reminders in the contact of your choice under the Reminder label. It pops up within a couple of seconds when I call my wife for example and displays a different icon as a "reminder" notification. Pretty nifty but I think you have to delete the reminder when it's done or you continually get reminded whenever you contact the person again (not just swiping the reminder notification away).
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    I could do it Sometimes. I would do it when I didn't want to, and I wouldn't do it when I wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by aolbites View Post
    Yeah, you could do that before the update. That's why there were 4 directional arrows.
    Not in the messaging application, guys, only in e-mails. Now, you can in both.
    Quote Originally Posted by LPEREZ84 View Post
    Now you can read the message and see a preview of the pic in the notifications area. Before it would just say " New message" and would have to open it to view pic!!
    That been there buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    No freaking way!!! I made it to the end of the entire thread. Anyone who does this should get a medal.
    I'm with you on that. I just did the same, read your post on page 29 and have 7 more to go. Thank God for coffee and my boss calling in sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I am happy about the ability to sort the tasks due today.

Now time to ask to get to sort the tasks by date!
    i am just happy to know that someone at palm is still working on tasks - i figured that they had all been fired........

being able to see the list of due tasks at least makes it usable vs 100% useless, but this is still very embarrassing given how good tasks was on the original pilot last century.
    Quote Originally Posted by bretov View Post
    ok guys its easy to fix and well documented.

FIX: restart the Pre with the sounds on not on vibrate and the swoosh will come back promise. its a bug
    Are you serious? I am at work and have my phone on vibrate the whole time and that's how I did the entire upgrade and booted up. Only then did I turn the sound on and removed it and put it back on the Touchstone to hear the new notification sound, but the phone came on on vibrate. I have the swoosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    Wait, so no one else got the Megan Fox webcam app?
    Don't I wish! Have to settle for the Megan Fox wallpaper for now.
    This is really silly and I'm not sure if it's new, but when off the charger, switching the slider on top to vibrate makes the phone vibrate for a sec to let you know it switched. This isn't new. However, when the phone is on the Touchstone (and maybe also charging via USB), switching to vibrate gives you the same very muffled sound you get when the phone is charging in vibrate mode and you get a call. It doesn't really vibrate. It's a very low volume ring.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    The screen now turns on and shows the lock screen for a second every time a text message comes in.

This was one of my gripes about the Centro, so I hope they change it back soon. I get a rather large amount of txt messages thanks to twitter, and all that unnecessary screen time is going to cut in to my battery life!

EDIT: Ahh, as part of the new secure unlock functionality, they added an option to display notifications when locked. Still, having the screen turn on when this setting is off surely isn't Palm's intent.
    I'm pretty sure mine has always done what you're describing. It has always turned the screen on for a second when a message or email comes in. How else would you know it's there?
    Since updating to 1.1 I cannot browse any URLs...I just get a blank screen (reload just spins). EVDO signal strength is zero bars at all times now. My phone is slightly more useful than a brick right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCIArr View Post
    It's impossible to know if something was mentioned with everyone posting random things, so I appologize if this was already mentioned.

Contacts:
    - There is no longer an info icon (the letter i with a circle around it) when entering/editing an address. Previously, touching this icon separated address, city, state and zip code into separate fields, stacked vertically.
    - The address also was displayed better because city, state and zip appeared below the address (like it should on an envelope) by default. Now you must hit the enter button to accomplish this (not a huge deal I guess).
    It is not impossible. You just need to find the time to go through the 30+ pages, like I have. Practical? No, not at all. But it's the only way I can tell you you're the first to report this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmbdezines View Post
    Anyone else notice the vibration is much stronger now?
    You're only the 7th person to mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    This is really silly and I'm not sure if it's new, but when off the charger, switching the slider on top to vibrate makes the phone vibrate for a sec to let you know it switched. This isn't new. However, when the phone is on the Touchstone (and maybe also charging via USB), switching to vibrate gives you the same very muffled sound you get when the phone is charging in vibrate mode and you get a call. It doesn't really vibrate. It's a very low volume ring.
    That is not new but congrats on making it to the end. Mine did what you are describing before 1.1.