Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    OK...So i have 28 apps open.....APPS not settings menus- before the phone told me i had to start throwing away. I don't know maybe everyone could do that before?....
    amendment- only as pandora open as my 28th app and streaming.. was when i could open no more. when i closed pandora i reached 31.

Not sure if i remembered in 1.04
    But it seems as though- when i have a call in card view and im looking at a different application, when the call is ended, the dialer app is automatically thrown away...new? Well i"ve not seen or known that before so to me it is...
    Originally posted by Darth Pooh:
    If you've done webOS Doctor, than you are no longer "enhanced", that brings you back to stock device.
    Thanks Darth Pooh. I feel like a dunce. I didn't re-enter my wi-fi password after the reset. It's downloading now. I'll see what happens. I probably did way more than was actually necessary. Now I'll have to re-do all my settings and work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Are you sure? I could swear I was able to do that before.
    that the feature was there before i change my wallpapers every 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    For me, menus have drop-down animation. For example, tap the battery icon. The menu (which includes date, battery, WiFi, etc.) slides down from the top of the screen (in addition to fading the rest of the screen). I thought that was always there, however.

However, "pick lists" now appear to have additional animation. Try this: go into the dialer (phone) app. Create a new event in the calendar. On the new event screen, tap on the reminder (last thing before "reminder notes"). A box will grow from the bell icon outward/upward to the right until it shows all the choices (No Reminder, At Start Time, etc.).

HMmm ok, thanks for the example tho.. I see that, but dont think thats any big deal.

As for the battery icon? didnt that do that before? maybe not.. also not a big thing..

BUT YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I HAVE playlists NOW! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigata1 View Post
    OK...So i have 28 apps open.....APPS not settings menus- before the phone told me i had to start throwing away. I don't know maybe everyone could do that before?....
    amendment- only as pandora open as my 28th app and streaming.. was when i could open no more. when i closed pandora i reached 31.
    Wow, yeah, it can have about twice as many cards open compared to earlier builds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    They got rid of Orange + Space + Tap to open links in a new card!! GRR.
    No!!! Why Palm?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    If you've done webOS Doctor, than you are no longer "enhanced", that brings you back to stock device.
    How do we "enhance" our pre's??

I have heard of rooting but not enhanced???
    if you think i am reading all these posts not to get flamed for a dup, get real.

anyway.

email reply text formatting has been fixed.. i.e when you reply in a thread the formatting was lost and it was all a block of text.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil ways View Post
    Breath sound was always there, I know cause it scared me once while I was on mushrooms
    hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    I might be smoking crack... but is the Vibration just a bit stronger/longer? Normally I could barely feel the phone ring/alert in my pocket with the sleeping bag on.

Now, I was at a party, and my phone was blowing up... I felt everything!

Might be my imagination... is it?
    I also think the vibration is stronger after this update. I don't think it's just my imagination, although it could just be that the vibration is slightly longer. Try it out yourselves by switching the ringer switch to on and off.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    My battery is still green at 10:30am
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    An analog clock is now available under 'Themes' in the clock app. IS that new?
    No, thats always been there.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    before, the drop down menu would pop out when you hit the tab. now it slides in and out. thats animation.

and yes you can manually sync all songs, pics, podcasts, etc in itunes. also any playlists on itunes will appear on the Pre.
    So, I guess there's no way of creating playlists w/o using itunes? I don't do the itunes thing, just drag-n-drop over USB.
    I still have 10 contacts that won't sync to my phone from Facebook.... I try manually syncing and re-logging in.... WTF??? Some newer ones have come in even, so it really seems hit and miss. Some are ones I added, some are ones that added me..... strange....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I still get the "swoosh" sound
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Is your ringer switch set to silent? I still get a swoosh.
    everything was on, but no swoosh, I did a soft reset and now I have it back
    Just saw something else about memos I hadn't noticed yet! Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel
    And get this, double tap/hold and drag selects text from that point up or down. If you drag your finger to the edge of the screen it will start to select text in that diection, just as you'd expect. Triple tap does the same thing for, you guessed it, paragraphs.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Facebook contact sync works great. Just added a new friend right before I found out about the update, and I manually synced contacts, and Synergy took over and merged his Facebook with the contact entry I already had for him. It looks like Facebook now updates on demand? I thought in previous versions it only did it like once a day or something... ??
    Before the update Facebook updating wasn't working at all, or working verrry slow and randomly updating. The first Facebook sync works fine, but any changes to friends would not update on the phone, even if you go to Sync Now. The issue was listed on Palms site.
    If Facebook is now updating on the phone in real time like Google, then thats'll be tight!
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    When I dial "1" for voice mail, the screen initially is my contact picture, but then goes to the dial pad so that I can conveniently navigate through my messages. I don't think that was happening before.
    Hey, great find! It didn't work like that before.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebernal718 View Post
    i noticed while scrolling through text using the orange key (i.e not highlighting text just moving through it) you can now move vertically. prior to the update I couldnt do this im not sure if everyone else was able too but I sure couldn't.

also, as someone pointed out before, when texting just one person and leaving the message app open, when receiving a notification of that same person texting you, the notification just disappears which was soooo annoying before.

im feelin the new photo app interface although i dont see drastic improvement in rendering speed.. may be its because ii have 1329 pics in my phone? hmmm
    oh ******! I just saw what your talking about, yeah you can scroll through text vertically as well. It kind of a pain moving the cursor sometimes so anything to make it easier is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentent View Post

SMS now has graphical emoticons!

Where are you finding them?