Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Memos is terrible now cursor won't go where I tap now!
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    WOW! Another update that did...pretty much nothing...again. What's the count? 3 or 4 updates in less than 2 months? 3 or 4 updates that didn't do anything significant. Hilarious to see the fanboys on here grasping at straws and trying to find some light in the dark abyss that is the Palm Pre and it's updates.

Well for all who is interested. Got it from a Sprint rep today. HTC Touch Pro2 (a real smartphone) is set to be released in September. Barring any unforeseen delays. Can't confirm accuracy, but he is usually on point when he gives me info. Well at least he had been up until he talked me into ordering the Pre! Wished they had indefinitely delayed this POS!
    Seriously...why are you here? I don't care but I am curious what you get out of your Palm and Pre bashing. Does it fulfil something that is lacking in your RL?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    The Alarm snooze has been changed from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. (I liked the 5 minute version better)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I'm running 5 minutes late and do not have time to skim the whole thread.
    They should just make it an option (5,10,20,30 or something).

Also noticed the pictures sliding in from the right when opening the photo app. New I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    The only thing I have noticed is repeated:
    "Validation failed"

Palm, you suck at this.

I tried wi-fi and EVDO.
    That sucks...my condolences...but the fact that thousands of Pres have updated seemlessly without the need to be plugged into a computer may, just may, indicatet that you are the exception, not the rule, in which case Palm doesn't suck at this.

It is incredibly easy to an 80+ meg file to get corrupted and at least the phone didn't let you install it like the next poster who apparently bricked his Pre.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Can you give me an exact example?? Please???

Yes, for all songs, but can I for JUST selected songs and playlists? My iTunes/iPod has close to 60gigs of stuff, it would explode the Pre if it tried to synch it all
    haha I don't know how I would give you an example. all the menu does is slides out and in. nothing great really.

and itunes...yes you can just select certain songs and playlist. You have alot of songs. I suggest you create a new playlist in itunes, put all your favorites in there and sync it over.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Are you sure? I could swear I was able to do that before.
    This was NOT there before. I tried a few days ago to set a wallpaper and it did not allow me to zoom in.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Can you give me an exact example?? Please???
    For me, menus have drop-down animation. For example, tap the battery icon. The menu (which includes date, battery, WiFi, etc.) slides down from the top of the screen (in addition to fading the rest of the screen). I thought that was always there, however.

However, "pick lists" now appear to have additional animation. Try this: go into the dialer (phone) app. Create a new event in the calendar. On the new event screen, tap on the reminder (last thing before "reminder notes"). A box will grow from the bell icon outward/upward to the right until it shows all the choices (No Reminder, At Start Time, etc.).
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Where app just updated. Everything now works on 1.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post
    Now when setting a photo as your wallpaper you can now Pinch to zoom or zoom out. I wouldn't have noticed this except like 2 weeks ago my girlfriend pointed out she missed that feature from her iPhone. Well now its on the Pre so she can STFU! lol
    This has worked since the release of the phone. Nothing new.
    Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    The only thing I have noticed is repeated:
    "Validation failed"

Palm, you suck at this.

I tried wi-fi and EVDO.
    Do you have rooted or web enhanced Pre? I haven't been able to update and that's the only difference between my phone and my husbands phone. I've tried partial reset, full reset and webOS Doctor. I still have 1.04 and am unable to update to 1.1. Actually mine keeps saying unable to connect. It doesn't state validation failed.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 07/24/2009 at 08:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    #1 when you move your volume slider, it makes a noise to tell you the new volume
    Mine doesn't make any noise? Anyone else tried yet?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo_Ben View Post
    My universal search additions are gone. Specifically, I had BibleGateway on there, and now it's gone. Check yours and confirm!

edit: also I can confirm the Add/Remove launcher page edit is reverted.
    How do you add to the Universal search??? I would love this
    So i downloaded the update and my battery is below 30% so it wont let me install it yet. The problem is now my pre wont charge, wtf mate?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    This was NOT there before. I tried a few days ago to set a wallpaper and it did not allow me to zoom in.

This was definitely there since release of the phone. I got my pre the day it came out and I know for a fact this functionality was present. It may not work on the wallpapers supplied as they are the exact resolution of the screen. however, any pictures taken are a higher res. I have been able since day 1 to pinch and expand the pics for wallpaper assignment.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I miss the "swoosh" sound when throwing a card away
    I still get the "swoosh" sound

Quote Originally Posted by gtbii View Post
    I miss the "swoosh" sound when throwing a card away
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I still get the "swoosh" sound

I have my sound on and all the way up and no "swoosh"

sad day....

sad day....
    Is your ringer switch set to silent? I still get a swoosh.
    Before the update, the swoosh sound would sometimes disappear - with no apparent reason. I would then do a reset, and that would typically "bring it back"

sad day....
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    When I click something on the web or enter a field on the web theres an lil black box that appears for a quick second then goes away and I can start typing.
    i noticed that also kind of annoying