Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil ways View Post
    Breath sound was always there, I know cause it scared me once while I was on mushrooms
    LMAO!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by ventura726 View Post
    I HATE the new notification sound. Volume is all the way up and it's still to muted... They need to just enable the ability to choose your own, or at least give us a few options. And I still can't figure out the emoticon for angry... Anyone?
    X-( ["X" has to be in caps!]
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I'm a fairly new user to the WebOS and I've noticed that it is really smooth. I've had an iPhone and a Blackberry Bold, so this is definitely different from the two. Having the multitasking cards is so useful to me because i can get more things done in a short amount of time. Only having a handful of apps at the moment, i must say there pretty good being brand spanking new to the market. Having the drop down menu's are really nice because it's different from having a settings for EVERYTHING. Well this is my 2 cents
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    How do you do the pinch/expand in wall paper?
    The OS is moving a lot faster. I was only able to fine 3 emoticons, happy, wink and a sad one. Not bad palm keep up the good work..

Pre Rocks!
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but my WiFi seems to stay connected even when the screen goes black. Before it would drop the WiFi connection and connect to EVDO (I'm sure Sprint hated that!!!).

Also, is it me, or does the Palm symbol glow brighter than it did before when it boots???
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but my WiFi seems to stay connected even when the screen goes black. Before it would drop the WiFi connection and connect to EVDO (I'm sure Sprint hated that!!!).

Also, is it me, or does the Palm symbol glow brighter than it did before when it boots???
    Just tried it. WiFi still turns off when the device is off. I would expect that.

However, when on the Touchstone, it does appear to stay connected. I haven't tried for a long period of time, but my initial test shows that it at least stays connected for a little bit.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    had mine since day one. not one complaint or problemuntil now. My battery went from 93% at midnight to 54% at 6 am. Something new must be running in the background. Anyone experience this last night????
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Just tried it. WiFi still turns off when the device is off. I would expect that.

However, when on the Touchstone, it does appear to stay connected. I haven't tried for a long period of time, but my initial test shows that it at least stays connected for a little bit.
    Ha! My Pre was connected to the charger (via USB). I guess it only stays on when connected to some sort of power source, before mine would go EVDO then as well.

Still, I like this better for when I have something running that streams (like Pandora).
    Time to get VIRAL
    my wifes samsung exlcaim saw the emoticon from my phone
    Ummm is it JUST me? I feel kinda dumb here.

The ONLY thing I really notice from this update, is the larger borders between pictures in the photo app.

Oh, ya and emoticons in messaging..

Where are all these animations I have seen others mention? Drop down menus? Where?

The only drop down stuff I still see is the same as before.. Edit, Help, prefs... etc..

And for some reason, on one of my email accounts, it wont refresh after deleting emails.. ??

And lastly, Im afraid to try, for fear of it screwing up, but whats the deal with now able to synch with iTunes? Will it synch playlists too? Can you opt for manual, to NOT have ALL songs synch?
    Originally posted by DarkEye:
    When I connect up the USB and hit 'USB Drive' then eject the Pre I can now hit ''Just Charge' without having to unplug then replug in the cable.

Before 1.1 update did it work like this? I seem to remember you would have to unplug the USB cable after a eject then plug back in just to charge.

I like the 1.1 version now.
    Yes it worked if you clicked eject from my computer. If you did the right click eject from the icon, it did work.

Unfortunately. I can't get the update. I've tried a partial erase and a full erase, but no-go. I guess I'll have to try webOS doctor next.
    YYEEESSS!!! Only took em about 5 revisions to get the email notifications right. Under email preferences, it no longer says "Show notification" under the new message options. Now you have a choice of "Show Icon", "Play Sound", and "Vibrate".

Finally, I can shut the email notifications up. I have 2 email accounts which receive emails quite regularly and I don't need to be nagged every friggin second.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I don't think battery is any improved. It's not mentioned in the release notes, so my guess is that they didn't do anything in this release to make much of a difference.

For me, I checked the battery when I got on the subway. It was 97%. When I got off, about 30 minutes later, it was 87%. I intentionally kept IM turned on.

While on the subway, there is Verizon service, so it's not like it's searching for service the whole time.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Well it took me about 20 minutes to download, but the NFL Live app was worth it. I do how this new update fixes the task bug.
    Yeah, the NFL app is sick!!!! I love it. There's not much use for the NFL Network on the Sprint TV now. This gives you clips, news, info on your favorite team and much more. Good job Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    YYEEESSS!!! Only took em about 5 revisions to get the email notifications right. Under email preferences, it no longer says "Show notification" under the new message options. Now you have a choice of "Show Icon", "Play Sound", and "Vibrate".

Finally, I can shut the email notifications up. I have 2 email accounts which receive emails quite regularly and I don't need to be nagged every friggin second.
    Hate to tell you but this has been there since day one. I changed this option on the 6/6, the day I purchased the phone.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ummm is it JUST me? I feel kinda dumb here.

The ONLY thing I really notice from this update, is the larger borders between pictures in the photo app.

Oh, ya and emoticons in messaging..

Where are all these animations I have seen others mention? Drop down menus? Where?

The only drop down stuff I still see is the same as before.. Edit, Help, prefs... etc..

And for some reason, on one of my email accounts, it wont refresh after deleting emails.. ??

And lastly, Im afraid to try, for fear of it screwing up, but whats the deal with now able to synch with iTunes? Will it synch playlists too? Can you opt for manual, to NOT have ALL songs synch?
    before, the drop down menu would pop out when you hit the tab. now it slides in and out. thats animation.

and yes you can manually sync all songs, pics, podcasts, etc in itunes. also any playlists on itunes will appear on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    before, the drop down menu would pop out when you hit the tab. now it slides in and out. thats animation.
    Can you give me an exact example?? Please???

Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    and yes you can manually sync all songs, pics, podcasts, etc in itunes. also any playlists on itunes will appear on the Pre.

Yes, for all songs, but can I for JUST selected songs and playlists? My iTunes/iPod has close to 60gigs of stuff, it would explode the Pre if it tried to synch it all
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    The only thing I have noticed is repeated:
    "Validation failed"

Palm, you suck at this.

I tried wi-fi and EVDO.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    The only thing I have noticed is repeated:
    "Validation failed"

Palm, you suck at this.

I tried wi-fi and EVDO.
    That happened 5 times for me... the sixth time it went through! Sweet... uh oh... then it borked my phone so the WebOS doctor couldn't even fix it. Ah well, returning my Pre today.