Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Didn't time it. It flashes on for alerts, but then goes completely dark after three seconds.

Will try using stopwatch app to time it now...
    Doh!
    I must not have placed it on the touchstone correctly.

My bad.
    Yay!
    Pre display on Touchstone finally turns off completely.
    Takes awhile to fall asleep, but no more bright screen all night long.

how long does it take???????
    Doh!
    I must not have placed it on the touchstone correctly.

My bad.
    Obviously I didn't either. That being said, it charged my phone from 22% to 100% and it never went off, so I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by aolbites View Post
    Orange + Space no longer opens a link in a new page. Now it's Orange + Sym
    it was orange + sym...never orange + space...anyways it doesnt work orange+ sym anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    MORE ABOUT THE NOTIFICATION NOISE CHANGE:

This is a HUGE improvement in my opinion. Previous to 1.1 is was a major pet peeve of mine.

Scenario: You're on a phone call and you get a text message.

webOS 1.0.4: "Duh-Ding" was played through the external speaker and is very loud! Loud enough that the person you are talking to could blatantly hear that you got a text. Not to mention your ear is now bleeding.

webOS 1.1: "Duh-Ding" now plays through the earpiece and is quieter (I did a test with a friend tonight and we both agree it comes from the earpiece) The person on the other end of the line can no longer hear the notification.

Well played Palm....well played.
    awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    in a text conversation the notification goes away immediately if its from the person you are already texting with, before it will stay with the envelope or have the other preview with a count on it, now it seems to identified is already open and resets the count
    i love that i hated it b4!!!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Only thing I noticed that wasn't already mentioned is that it is definitely faster. My test was to launch a few apps, and then launch Pandora. In the past, when music was streaming and I brought up the launcher, it was DOG SLOW!! Now it's a little slow but noticeably peppier.

When I did the 1.0.4 update I thought it was faster but it was just that I wasn't running anything after the reboot. This time I'm running several apps, streaming, etc. and I assure you, it's faster. Oh, and I like the animated drop-down menus. Nice touch.
    Could someone put up a Youtube video showing some of the more visually exciting changes ?
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by ebernal718 View Post
    i noticed while scrolling through text using the orange key (i.e not highlighting text just moving through it) you can now move vertically. prior to the update I couldnt do this im not sure if everyone else was able too but I sure couldn't.
    wut u mean?
    It's late, and I just read thru 500+ posts, but I did not see anyone mention the huge improvement in scrolling. I just went thru contacts and emails and not once did I get the checkerboard or any real lag at all.

Great job, Palm!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    WOW! Another update that did...pretty much nothing...again. What's the count? 3 or 4 updates in less than 2 months? 3 or 4 updates that didn't do anything significant. Hilarious to see the fanboys on here grasping at straws and trying to find some light in the dark abyss that is the Palm Pre and it's updates.

Well for all who is interested. Got it from a Sprint rep today. HTC Touch Pro2 (a real smartphone) is set to be released in September. Barring any unforeseen delays. Can't confirm accuracy, but he is usually on point when he gives me info. Well at least he had been up until he talked me into ordering the Pre! Wished they had indefinitely delayed this POS!
    Dude, the HTC Touch Pro was the worst g-dang phone I ever had the misfortune to use; and unfortunately, like a dumb a*s, I bought one the day they came out. Unless the Touch Pro 2 is a totally different phone, you are going to be so very, very, sorely disappointed.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I looked at the pictures before I updated. I already had a screen capture section. So I guess that isnt new
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideylinux View Post
    There were a couple of little problems that I had that weren't show stoppers, just annoying to deal with daily. The 1.1.0 patch has fixed many of them.

1. When docked on the touchstone, and someone calls: 1.0.0 - 1.0.4 you would have have to unlock the phone with the "move the icon up" gesture. As of 1.1.0 you are presented with two seperate answer and a hang up buttons. Just touching one will answer the phone. This is much more intuitive.

2. Email alerts. Before I would get email alerts, but since I was at the computer and reading those messages on the desktop I didn't need to check the phone. After a day of that I would have a pile of new mail notifications on the Pre. Now it will clear those notifications out every time the Pre checks for new mail.

There may be more, but so far those two made the whole experience better for me.
    That will be very nice for some email accounts, mainly gmail since it has imap. My attyahoo doesn't so when I check that on Thunderbird it's not going to matter. Still, nice to have part of it fixed for me, nothing they can do with pop3 though so it's not their fault.
    I noticed how much of a pain it is to redo all of the tweaks I have installed every damn time Palm updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by spideylinux View Post
    2. Email alerts. Before I would get email alerts, but since I was at the computer and reading those messages on the desktop I didn't need to check the phone. After a day of that I would have a pile of new mail notifications on the Pre. Now it will clear those notifications out every time the Pre checks for new mail.
    awesome! i hated having to delete the notification for emails after i already deleted the emails on my comp
    The Goat loves it. Everything seems snappier. Love the new animations. Love the new notification tone.

Nice polish. Now let's work on adding features. : )

Seems like my battery has improved too, that may be perceived though.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    not sure if this has been mentioned but it appears that it automatically clears the text msg notification if you are already in that conversation window....

EDIT: just saw it mentioned already.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    They don't seem to be stripping mp3 attachments from emails anymore, and there is a play button for the attachments now. My wav formatted voicemails from work still won't play though
    You should tell your Exchange admins to use WMA format as the compression is much better. Hopefully these won't be stripped.

Its a simple change and really makes a difference for us
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    anyone check the FB event 3 hour time shift effect?
    PLEASE tell me what this is as it sounds like one of the key PIM features that is needed.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    I maybe noticed something different, when you have a web page open in landscape mode and then open a new page, the new page changes to be landscape also
    Actually, I liked it the other way. I often surf in portraitmode while lying in bed on my side, and it was nice that new cards locked in portrait intead of rotating. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
    They give us Smileys but only three via shortcut? That sucks.
    They work when you type them as well...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL