Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Wow, this is a really good change! The space bar was just too far away to press when i needed to turn on.
    But they should make the button work even when the slider is off! Grrrr.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wegener View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much have people been paying for a phone if you are current Sprint customers? I've been a customer for 8 years, and that's one reason I didn't try out the iphone yet. I was not pleased that I would have to pay $500 when I could open a new account and get $200 (that's right -- they told me I was not eligible for the rebate).
    I've been a Sprint customer for just over 5 years. My latest 2 year contract ended in Nov of 08, so I ended up paying $199 (after rebate).
    I might be smoking crack... but is the Vibration just a bit stronger/longer? Normally I could barely feel the phone ring/alert in my pocket with the sleeping bag on.

Now, I was at a party, and my phone was blowing up... I felt everything!

Might be my imagination... is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Yay!
    Pre display on Touchstone finally turns off completely.
    Takes awhile to fall asleep, but no more bright screen all night long.
    How long does it take? I've had mine on the TS for over a half hour and it still looks like it always has, albeit dimmer
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    oh i feel the differences now with the animation stuff in context menus.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    I've been a Sprint customer for just over 5 years. My latest 2 year contract ended in Nov of 08, so I ended up paying $199 (after rebate).
    Well I guess I'll hold out until then, that's a much better amount of money. I use the wireless and not the Sprint (no 3g here), so maybe I'll try the Itouch until then. Carry two devices...?
    I don't remember the 3D/blur effect when switching from card to card while in full-screen view. Is it new? I like it... and all of the other UI polishes.
    Question. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I want to be able to see the emails that I send FROM my palm pre (gmail). as of now I can 'reply' to an email and send it just fine but when I go back to look at that same email my reply is nowhere to be found.

am I missing a setting somewhere or what?

thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post
    Thx! Do I (guessing I need to) do some rooting and stuff to install it?
    I've seen 2 people say you can drag an email from the inbox into one of your folders? Please tell me how to do this? I have Exchange and Gmail and would love to do this. If I drag an email off the screen in an inbox, it just deletes it. I've expanded the full tree below and go into inbox but still see no way to drag an email into one of the tree's folders. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is it just me or is the vibrate a bit stronger?
    My pre downloaded the update super fast on wifi, shutdown after install went through the 20 minutes of start up brought me to the home screen.... then went right back to the start up "palm" logo screen. its stuck in a loop... wtf D:
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    Thx! Do I (guessing I need to) do some rooting and stuff to install it?
    follow these instructions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
    All I need is a more apps and I will be a happy man..

The update made the entire UI faster IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    The other person on a call still can hear my alerts while on the phone..Bummer

yea this is still a bummer. they dont need to know when i receive a text.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phonephetish View Post
    But they should make the button work even when the slider is off! Grrrr.
    Disagree! I would love it if they completely eliminated that button. A totally worthless thing. I never push it for anything. It just takes up space on the face of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    Lastly, the Javascript interpreter *is* faster even without the new Nitro engine (unless Palm somehow backported Nitro to 3.2.1). Sunspider is now reporting 30s (@600Mhz) for me instead of 40s previously. For reference, iPhone 3GS is 12s...
    Very interesting. They probably moved up to SquirrelFish with this release. Hopefully they're working on moving to SquirrelFish Extreme (without the JIT) then that would pull it inline to the 3GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  18. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    thanks to everyone for finding all this stuff!
    does pre totally shut off when on touchstone?? really, mine has not done that yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryrawlings View Post
    does it really, mine has not done that yet?
    which radio stream u tried? I have only one that I was not able to play & now it is working.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.