Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    i still am not getting the Menu Animations am i just missing them?
    what are they in detail plz
    thank you..that's what i was asking too..lol...the drop down thing looks thesame to me...why call it animation?..i was hoping things are moving around..ha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_n_drublic04 View Post
    Oh crappy. Yeah i hear that tho....im on my third Pre already...and ive only had it for 3 weeks lol. Ive gotten a new one every week. This one seems ok so far tho. Good luck with your issue tho. Sorry i couldnt help.
    No prob, I'm not taking it back just for this...I got mine on launch day and have never had an issue until now. I will attempt to fix it or live with it, not like I actually talk on my phone much anyway
    i dont see the emotincons?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks Palm, I knew you guys would come through!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I thought the drop down menus already did this
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Well they certainly didn't fix the signal bar issue Mine's still jumping all over the place.
    Your avatar is creepy...every time I look away from it, it makes it look like it starts looking around...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    just something quirky.. i downloaded and validated the update but my battery was at 18% so i had to charge it.. once it hit 30% i tried to install but still said "your battery must be at least 30% to install blah blah" so i was like wtf it IS 30%.. then 10 seconds later it hit 31% and a notification popped up asking if i want to install the update. so i guess your battery has to be at least 31% full, not 30% - this is a huge problem for me !! ZOMGG 1.1 sux already!!!!! jk.
    Had the same prob...had to charge for about 5-10 mins before i could update. But the update is WAY worth it. I love it.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    I thought the drop down menus already did this
    hmm i guess it doesn't slide down before and the screen dimes first.
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    No, it still works. I've updated to 1.1.
    Dang, my Twee wouldn't load up. I'll have to try again when I get off of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red89 View Post
    Dang, my Twee wouldn't load up. I'll have to try again when I get off of work.
    I'm confused...can someone tell me what Twee is? I know what TWEED is, but TWEE is something different.
    Help plz? Lol
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i can play MP3 song in my mail box...i am not sure if that's new.
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    i can play MP3 song in my mail box...i am not sure if that's new.
    Nah that's not new...I did it a few weeks ago. but it's a cool thing tho! I mean if you need to leave but you want to listen to an album/single, just email it to urself! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    I'm confused...can someone tell me what Twee is? I know what TWEED is, but TWEE is something different.
    Help plz? Lol
    Twee is a way cool Twitter app that has all sorts of extra functions, I love it. They had a .85 build that upgraded to .90 and then .91, but .85 is the only one that works with WebOS 1.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    i'm not updating now due to fear of it breaking tethering, which i'm probably going to need on my trip this weekend. But i'm looking forward to seeing all your reports.

-z
    when did the pre have tethering!?
    Y'know what'd be awesome?
    If PreCentral could get the new emoticons off of the pre somehow, and use those in the forum! I love the new ones, so it'd make EP even better
    Quote Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post
    Twee is a way cool Twitter app that has all sorts of extra functions, I love it. They had a .85 build that upgraded to .90 and then .91, but .85 is the only one that works with WebOS 1.1.0
    Whoa awesome! I tweet all the time (and way too much) so I bet i'd love it lol.
    Where can I get it?
    Thx for answering btw
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    dont think this was there before but now you can move the selected email to a folder (gmail)
    Via the menu? That's been there for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    The other person on a call still can hear my alerts while on the phone..Bummer
    Yea I hate that too.
    So while all of this was happening, I was returning my Pre today. Had mixed feelings about it. I guess many of you did this, but I didn't feel okay about paying close to $500 for a phone that couldn't last through the day. I had to carry the charger around in a bag and wait until I stopped in one place long enough to charge it. Not fun. My 30 days was almost up, and I enjoyed the phone. Now I'm back to a not so smart phone with a broken screen -- no idea who is calling, what a text says, or if it is even on when I am trying to call. Keeps things interesting.

Will we see VPN soon? That was something I need if this phone is going to be useful.

Battery life?

Does anyone think they will release another version of the Pre in the next 6 months that might resolve some of the build quality issues? I had a pretty good deal of "oreo" effect that I was fine with, but would be happy if it disappeared. The phone felt fragile, I was constantly worried about where it was -- is it being scratched or crushed, etc.

Hoping to find another opportunity to try again soon.

Out of curiosity, how much have people been paying for a phone if you are current Sprint customers? I've been a customer for 8 years, and that's one reason I didn't try out the iphone yet. I was not pleased that I would have to pay $500 when I could open a new account and get $200 (that's right -- they told me I was not eligible for the rebate).

Doing 10 things at once sounds nice, but I'd be happy if it could do single tasks well and with speed that I was hoping for. Maybe my expectations were too high. Maybe this post should be in a different thread.

one more thing: While I was in the store the guy tried to sell me a Blackberry Tour, I declined. He told me the Pre had reception issues, and the Blackberry was a better phone. I left to get the box from home and when I came back he was informing a woman when I returned that the Pre was the best phone around. I know commissions are important, but honesty helps as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Sprint web with news,msn and yahoo messenger, facebook, myspace, AOL &AIM,MSN live mail, chatting and dating, sports, money etc.
    I think the just put some shortcuts in there for you, but I was able to log in to messenger through Yahoo mobile site before the update. They need to add the Yahoo messenger app!!