Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    I've noticed that since the update that my sms preview below the quick launch doesnt show the preview anymore, anyone else notice this?

----EDIT----------
    rebooted and it works fine now
    Last edited by mexicanamerican; 07/23/2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: update
    i bet half of the people that complain so much and say they still have their Pre are actually iPhone users trying to make the Pre look bad. i don't have hardly any problems with mine. I really wonder why others have so many problems. The update for me made it so much smoother and touch sensitivity is way better. I'm happy so far. As this phone continues to mature its going to be freaking awesome!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    My dog hates the new notification sound. lol. She barks at it every time.

She used to be totally okay with the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Obligatory "it fixed my oreo effect" post!
    Hah!
    Quote Originally Posted by gryfone View Post
    I've had a disaster! WebOS 1.1 installed successfully and I got a notification, but when the device rebooted, it momentarily shows "phone offline" and then goes into a reset loop.

I've been watching it reboot over 10 times now. It reboots, shows the launcher for a brief moment with the phone offline, and then reboots again. My phone is bricked, and it was absolutely fine earlier! Anybody else have this problem?
    Yes, I'm having this problem too. Someone back on page 6 reported the same thing. Anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate at this point. I don't care if I have to set the phone back up, I just want it to work
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_n_drublic04 View Post
    Just tested mine with 1.1...everything ok here with the proximity sensor. Idk?
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_n_drublic04 View Post
    try this...go into devise info >then at the bottom go to more info > then at the top hit the preferences menu and then go to interactive tests > then hit the "screen" test....its will do a test of the proximity sensor durring this test

see if that doesnt work?
    I had already tested it, but I did it again after another soft reset...still doesn't work. Worked fine earlier today. Upside is I can hit the power button to kill the screen while on the phone, then hit it again to turn the screen back on...just annoys me it stopped working
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    MORE ABOUT THE NOTIFICATION NOISE CHANGE:

This is a HUGE improvement in my opinion. Previous to 1.1 is was a major pet peeve of mine.

Scenario: You're on a phone call and you get a text message.

webOS 1.0.4: "Duh-Ding" was played through the external speaker and is very loud! Loud enough that the person you are talking to could blatantly hear that you got a text. Not to mention your ear is now bleeding.

webOS 1.1: "Duh-Ding" now plays through the earpiece and is quieter (I did a test with a friend tonight and we both agree it comes from the earpiece) The person on the other end of the line can no longer hear the notification.

Well played Palm....well played.
    ah, very nice. i was trying to see if this had changed.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Calendar:

Before 1.1 is you scheduled an event on the Pre with a symbol (dinner @ Sue & Jim's) it would not update to Google Calendar, now it does.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    WOW! Another update that did...pretty much nothing...again. What's the count? 3 or 4 updates in less than 2 months? 3 or 4 updates that didn't do anything significant. Hilarious to see the fanboys on here grasping at straws and trying to find some light in the dark abyss that is the Palm Pre and it's updates.

Well for all who is interested. Got it from a Sprint rep today. HTC Touch Pro2 (a real smartphone) is set to be released in September. Barring any unforeseen delays. Can't confirm accuracy, but he is usually on point when he gives me info. Well at least he had been up until he talked me into ordering the Pre! Wished they had indefinitely delayed this POS!
    Someone please pass me that aerosol can of Troll Away. *pfffffft* Thanks.

EAS update is HUGE. This will now allow adoption of Pre in secure enterprise environments. We had to wait MONTHS for this on iPhone.
    Last edited by kabamm; 07/24/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    WOW! I love the new version. Menu Animations are gorgeous, i will really enjoy seeing those lol.
    I'm not thrilled about the NFL app...THEY NEED SOCCER!
    New font in the browser looks awesome!
    Love the additions to the Photo app. Very nice.
    DEFINITELY a lot faster. It used to take around 5-8 seconds to open an app, now, it's about 1!
    Email memo thing might be good for some people, but I don't think I'll use it much, if at all.

Also, I would like to point this out:
    When you go into the Clock app (if you've been in it at all lol), and you tap the menu in the upper left corner, it says "themes." Does this mean that someone can make a Clock theme and not have to have the phone in dev mode or anything? Hmmmmmmm... lol

So there are my thoughts on the new updates. I can't wait til the next update, this phone just keeps gettin better and better! haha

PS-
    Screw CNET. Pre kills iPhone. KILLS IT. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    I have no problems doing this.
    Okay I have tried uploaded pictures, pictures taken with my pre, and preinstalled Wallpaper photos and after I select "Set Wallpaper" I can no longer pinch them to save as a pinched wallpaper?
    HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Someone please pass me that aerosol can of Troll Away spray. *pfffffft* Thanks.
    I'll have it when your finished, thanks.
    And anyone know where the TROLL B GONE went?
    haha
    lol at all the pre haters.
    go cuddle with ur iphone, idiots. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post
    I had already tested it, but I did it again after another soft reset...still doesn't work. Worked fine earlier today. Upside is I can hit the power button to kill the screen while on the phone, then hit it again to turn the screen back on...just annoys me it stopped working
    Oh crappy. Yeah i hear that tho....im on my third Pre already...and ive only had it for 3 weeks lol. Ive gotten a new one every week. This one seems ok so far tho. Good luck with your issue tho. Sorry i couldnt help.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    My dog hates the new notification sound. lol. She barks at it every time.

She used to be totally okay with the old one.
    So I guess it used to be to loud for US, perfect for them (maybe they cant hear it?).
    Now it's perfect for us, loud for THEM. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cybermac912 View Post
    Yes, I'm having this problem too. Someone back on page 6 reported the same thing. Anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate at this point. I don't care if I have to set the phone back up, I just want it to work
    I just created a new post for this. Stuff is getting buried in this thread real fast. I'd link to it, but I'm too new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrducklumps1 View Post
    WOW! I love the new version. Menu Animations are gorgeous, i will really enjoy seeing those lol.
    I'm not thrilled about the NFL app...THEY NEED SOCCER!
    They need Rugby. Soccer is to Rugby, what Baseball is to Football.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mday13 View Post
    I still cant save a pinched picture as a wallpaper background
    Not new - and it only works if the selected image is larger than screen size.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i still am not getting the Menu Animations am i just missing them?
    what are they in detail plz
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    As others have mentioned scrolling is MUCH smoother
    The UI seems snappier in general
    Animations have been added to drop down menus as well as photos, they not float in from the side when you open the photos app.
    What animation..am i missing something?