Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Yeah, guys, if you get the new Where update, it'll fix the problem. Did for me at least .

Really like 1.1 though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post
    Now when setting a photo as your wallpaper you can now Pinch to zoom or zoom out. I wouldn't have noticed this except like 2 weeks ago my girlfriend pointed out she missed that feature from her iPhone. Well now its on the Pre so she can STFU! lol
    That was there before i know that for sure i used it
    anyone on 1.0.4 wanna mount it and get the alert.wav from the old one and upload it. liked that one a ton more then the new one

but flawless upgrade and everything seems to work fine. just wish they'd let us remove the apps like nascar and nfl
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Things seem faster and more polished overall. I didn't really appreciate the significance of animations until I saw the new one for the menu. I like this a lot.
    On your way, Palm...youre on the way!!
    was beginning to wonder about the Where app, since it wouldn't load completely. Good thing an update was readily available for it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    agree, WTF are the rigntone,picture,media management. Improved calendar functions(Add contact to events), Fwd Msg, Cut/Paste, When is the TP2 going to be released dam it!
    WOW! Another update that did...pretty much nothing...again. What's the count? 3 or 4 updates in less than 2 months? 3 or 4 updates that didn't do anything significant. Hilarious to see the fanboys on here grasping at straws and trying to find some light in the dark abyss that is the Palm Pre and it's updates.

Well for all who is interested. Got it from a Sprint rep today. HTC Touch Pro2 (a real smartphone) is set to be released in September. Barring any unforeseen delays. Can't confirm accuracy, but he is usually on point when he gives me info. Well at least he had been up until he talked me into ordering the Pre! Wished they had indefinitely delayed this POS!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corq View Post
    Yikes - post-update, sending an email with photo attached from the album, never sends.

Then when I try to "save as draft" the app freezes utterly. Gonna reboot again see if that brings different behavior.

Can anyone else try this and confirm this occurs with a gmail account? Haven't tried with exchange account yet.
    I have sent pictures via e-mail since the update w/o problems thus far. Really liking this update & unlike some, I like the notification sound much better--though I wish we could set our own.

Hope you got it working.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless1 View Post
    One of the bugs in the Task app is fixed.
    Now state of individual list is saved (show all, show remaining, show completed, or show due).

However, the entry bug still exists (if state is anything but show all, hitting the new task button creates a blank task but you have to tap it to edit rather than editing in place.)
    Thanks for the update. someone mentioned new features, seen any?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Is it me, or did the Where app stop working?

It is not just you, it is not working for me either.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    downloading 1.1 now.... i know it's only a few hours old but has anyone noticed any increase to battery life?

thanks.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjunkmail View Post
    IT is not just you. The Where app has no icons for the different choices. It only has the search bar and the rest of the panel is blank. I deleted the Where app & re-downloded it and it still doesn't work.
    There is an update now for Where app
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I dont know if anyone has posted this or not but I just noticed that before when the slider was open, the only thing that would wake the phone besides the power button was the power button and the space bar and now any button wakes the phone up.

I may be wrong but on mine at least before, only the space bar would wake it if slider was open.
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    WOW! Another update that did...pretty much nothing...again. What's the count? 3 or 4 updates in less than 2 months? 3 or 4 updates that didn't do anything significant. Hilarious to see the fanboys on here grasping at straws and trying to find some light in the dark abyss that is the Palm Pre and it's updates.

Well for all who is interested. Got it from a Sprint rep today. HTC Touch Pro2 (a real smartphone) is set to be released in September. Barring any unforeseen delays. Can't confirm accuracy, but he is usually on point when he gives me info. Well at least he had been up until he talked me into ordering the Pre! Wished they had indefinitely delayed this POS!

Someone was chugging on the Hateraid...
    I had fixed the nascar app annoyance by rooting in and setting the visible property to false..... now at 1.1 its back again, but I'm sure a simple root session will fix the problem again

(Same for the NFL app)

....now if palm had an NCAA football app, I'd be all over it
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcbryant View Post
    I thought it was just me. I even tried deleting the app and re-installing but still all the features are gone. Just yelp and yp.com now??
    I uninstaled Where and reinstalled and all is well!
    This thread's growing fast so I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere:

Looks like now if you create a new e-mail from within a mailbox, it'll automatically set the from field to that mailbox. Before, it would always use the default account. (i.e. when I'd make a new e-mail from the exchange mailbox, it'd still be my gmail address). It's a small thing, but so glad they did it. I'm also noticing snappier performance. Here's hoping battery life'll be improved as well. we'll see tomorrow.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post

September is good, hopefully early Sept! Until then im stuck with the pre and palm cant wait for the next update!!!
    What is this Twee app guys are talking about?
    Nope. Got too excited by the 1.1 update and updated before I remembered to record the uname output...

Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    You mean you didn't already have that recorded?