Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    where update is now available in the app catalog
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    whats this about the animated drop downs, im not seeing any someone explian this better plz
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Need clarification with two things from the update please.

First: What are the "animated menus" everyone keeps talking about (specifically, please).

Second: What kinds of other phones will be able to view the emiticons?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    A few weeks ago someone found another analog clock theme hidden in the app. So did the update add the new analog clock theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    An analog clock is now available under 'Themes' in the clock app. IS that new?
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Are you sure? I could swear I was able to do that before.
    The analog clock theme was always there.

Overall I like the updates, specially since they're coming at a pretty steady pace.

Re. new apps, if Palm's CTO mention that apps might take a month or two to be released, assuming those developers Palm announced just before the launch had the SDK already, we should expect new apps in the new couple of weeks!
    I am downloading the update right now ... so here I am confirming with 1.0.4 that the center button does not currently turn on the screen when the slider is open (however the space bar most definitely does, as expected).
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    Need clarification with two things from the update please.

First: What are the "animated menus" everyone keeps talking about (specifically, please).

Second: What kinds of other phones will be able to view the emiticons?

Thanks!
    Fire up any app and click the upper left corner menu (ie: on the Web app, click the "Web" menu on the upper left). Notice how the menu slides down into view -in the past, it simply popped up without any animation.

As for the emoticons, it depends on each phone's implementation of emoticons. Most smartphones should show their own emoticons (won't look exactly as the Pre), while regular phones would just show the ASCII characters.
    what is the animated drop down menu??
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derook View Post
    This one's huge email fix for me - i can actually view items in my 'sent mail' for gmail and yahoo now!
    Awesome!!
    app catalog opens much faster for me now.
    Yikes - post-update, sending an email with photo attached from the album, never sends.

Then when I try to "save as draft" the app freezes utterly. Gonna reboot again see if that brings different behavior.

Can anyone else try this and confirm this occurs with a gmail account? Haven't tried with exchange account yet.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with the Where app as well. Using current version 0.9.17. The home screen is blank, no icons. Just the search at top and my location and temp at the bottom.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i see there is an update to the Where app now
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    so thats the animation the drop down menu sliding down? i thought it always did that
    I hatr the new notification sound. Anyone know how to go back to the old one?
    I love lolcats
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    there is an update for it, go to your 'apps' and download the update. but strangely most of the items are gone for me. i only get Yelp and Weather.
    go to update...get where app.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I guess im not sure if im missing something or not but as far as the animated menus go, i dont really notice much of a difference, then again i may not have paid much attention. None the less i like it!
    Dear Palm,

SOOOOOOO agravating! I understand your fixes for business applications but would it have been so much more work to fix 2 stupid little things...

1. let me forward sms messages! the Treo 600 I had 5 years ago could do it!
    2. Let me change my notifications tones.. let me clarify.. let ME change it on my own. Instead you changed it for me, not exactly what I wanted, and to turn the knife you made my phone it sound like its sick. your killing me here!

Love,
    rogerlop
    xxoxoxo
    Last edited by rogerlop; 07/23/2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    so thats the animation the drop down menu sliding down? i thought it always did that
    I'm pretty sure my always did that too. I thought that's what they meant when they said "animated menu" but then I went to test it and thought "nah, it's always done that."
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    not workin for me
    how did you change your dialer to black? I hate the green dialer!!!!