Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Haven't been able to update my Pre to 1.1. Updated ok to 1.04 when it came out. Any ideas?
    I only noticed that now the unlock screen stays blue before loading the buttons for the pin for alot longer than before...sometimes 20 seconds. Also the number response seems worse, although it may be that I am just now starting to realize it. I generally need to enter my pin twice because regardless of the accuracy, it says the first try is bad..
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    "6. When the phone has little to no signal (hardly a problem in Austin, but hey), it goes on a battery draining warpath that cannot be stopped, heating up like a little nuclear reactor. When signal is restored, the phone is happy again. (please make it stop trying to use data when there is none!)"

That is the funniest thing I've read all day
    Quote Originally Posted by lin999x View Post
    "6. When the phone has little to no signal (hardly a problem in Austin, but hey), it goes on a battery draining warpath that cannot be stopped, heating up like a little nuclear reactor. When signal is restored, the phone is happy again. (please make it stop trying to use data when there is none!)"

This is great! I almost spit my pop out as I read this. I fixed this problem by using the pre roam only hack that I found on this forum. When the signal is switching back and forth between the sprint network and roaming this really helps. Just make sure you switch it back when you don't need it-word on the street is Sprint may not like this very much. Make sure you have a plan that does not charge for the voice/data roaming too.

My battery would be totally dead by 3:00 or 4:00 PM before the roam only hack, it's now almost 10:00 PM and I have about 20% battery left--huge improvement.
    Erm, does it say there are no updates are available?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Try doing it just on data, no wifi.
    Duno if it's been posted, but when the screen is slid open and the phone is on standby, you can turn on the screen with the center button. I don't remember being able to do that before.
    Also, it's been repeatable for me, but when I press my thumb to the gesture area, next to the center button (which then lights up the center button) and then hit the power button, the center button light stays on. It's on for 2 seconds when not plugged into USB charger, and indefinitely when charging.
    I was fairly active in this thread early on but haven't been lately so I apologize if this is a repeat but...

I have an email notification issue that I've only had since 1.1. If I delete an email that HAS NOT been read I get an almost immediate email notification for the same email I just deleted except if I click the notification it brings me to that email but in the Trash folder...

I find this weird and troublesome to get multiple notifications for the same emails constantly.

Anyone have this issue?
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    Also, it's been repeatable for me, but when I press my thumb to the gesture area, next to the center button (which then lights up the center button) and then hit the power button, the center button light stays on. It's on for 2 seconds when not plugged into USB charger, and indefinitely when charging.
    Yes! I did it once but I didn't know how. I can repeat it now too.

Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    I was fairly active in this thread early on but haven't been lately so I apologize if this is a repeat but...

I have an email notification issue that I've only had since 1.1. If I delete an email that HAS NOT been read I get an almost immediate email notification for the same email I just deleted except if I click the notification it brings me to that email but in the Trash folder...

I find this weird and troublesome to get multiple notifications for the same emails constantly.

Anyone have this issue?
    Yes

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...repeating.html
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Well, since I have Web OS 1.0.4 and I know 1.1 is out, I would think an update is available.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrad4d View Post
    Well, since I have Web OS 1.0.4 and I know 1.1 is out, I would think an update is available.
    I don't think that was the point of his question. When you go to the update app and start the update process, if the Pre thinks there are no updates it will tell you there are no updates available. If your Pre is telling you this, that would help us to diagnose your problem (which is what you asked us to do by posting this thread). If you want help, then be respectful of the people attempting to provide that help.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Suh View Post
    the sound for notifications are lowered and muffled.
    Okay, glad it's not just me. My wife's is doing the same thing, too. The notification sounds like you've got your finger over the speaker.

And for some reason my volume was changed for system sounds and ringer, too.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I don't think that was the point of his question. When you go to the update app and start the update process, if the Pre thinks there are no updates it will tell you there are no updates available. If your Pre is telling you this, that would help us to diagnose your problem (which is what you asked us to do by posting this thread). If you want help, then be respectful of the people attempting to provide that help.
    His reply appeared a little sarcastic to me, and I don't need anyone telling me how to respect others in that case.

The damn little icon just sits there and spins. Does that help?
    Are you connected to wifi or evdo when checking for updates? If evdo try wifi, if wifi turn it off and try evdo and see if you have any updates this way.
    His reply appeared a little sarcastic to me, and I don't need anyone telling me how to respect others in that case.

Is WIFI on? Have you rooted your pre? And of course the obvious, are you in a strong EV signal area?
    Another thought: you might check your Backup application to see if it works. My reasoning is that there could be a problem with your Palm profile, and if so, it might also impact your backups. You could also check the Palm website and see if you can get into your profile. Sorry, I would need to search to find the link, but there was a thread on here a long while ago (around 1.0.3 update timeframe) regarding profile issues wrt updates. If your profile is messed up, you probably would need to call Palm or Sprint customer service.

If your profile is working, then I would try a reset. And then I'd be on the phone with Palm customer service if the reset doesn't work.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    You asked for help but gave no information so no one could actually help you. I thought that was rude and disrespectful but I still asked a typical troubleshooting question to help.
    Sometimes it'll sit there for up to 5-10 minutes trying to check. Have you let it sit just to see? Have you tried restarting your device?

What icon, exactly, are you referring to when you say it just sits there and spins? Is this after you open the Update application and try to check for an icon or are you referring to something else?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks for the ideas guys.

Let's see, I've tried it with WIFI on and off, in an area where I had a steady EVDO signal. I have checked the backups and it says it's backed up each day, and has current date and time of backup.

I have reset, powered off, removed battery and tried again after each one and it does the same thing.

I went to the apps catalog and found updates for some of the programs I have install and downloaded those and installed them without issue.

Texts, email, web, sync with Google, etc. all work fine.

Info on Palm Profile (MEID, etc.) is correct.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    His reply appeared a little sarcastic to me, and I don't need anyone telling me how to respect others in that case...
    Merging another webOS 1.1 Issues thread into the main webOS 1.1 Discussion thread.

Also, dbrad4d, you were asked a valid question. In fact it was the question that needed to be asked so that they could help you. The question to you was not disrespectful.

For anyone who has not been able to update...
    1. Does you battery charge show at least 40% for a big download like this?
    2. Have you tried on the USB cable?
    3. Have you tried WiFi?

Also, sometimes not every phone is going to be told that a new update is available at the same time. So when it checks it may told their is none. But at this point everyone should be able to get the webOS 1.1 now.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/05/2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lin999x View Post

AHAHA that's a good one...

Mine does that as well i set mine to automatic roaming and it will switch over if the sig. drops down to 2 bars or less most the time and this helps when I am on post Ft. Riley...
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast