Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unclebobo View Post
    Seems that since 1.1 MLB audio is not working. Error pops up saying that "There was an error playing the file"

Also says the same thing when I try to play a voicemail from an email from Google Voice. But I never tried that before 1.1 so I don't know if it's 1.1's fault.

I tried on/off and reset and even battery pull to no avail.

Anyone else?

thanks
    I've had the same experience and no luck fixing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_mee_5 View Post
    after i did the upgrade i wasn't able to install the apps any more did you guys get that to ??

any one ????
    Quote Originally Posted by j_mee_5 View Post
    after i did the upgrade i wasn't able to install the apps any more did you guys get that to ??
    That happened to me on the 1.03 update, and Sprint customer service had me do a total erase, which fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I hate that the screen turns on even when locked and "show notifications when locked" is disabled when a notification comes in now. In 1.0.4 the screen would stay off and only the sound would play. This phone already has enough battery life issues (although 1.1 seems to improve it noticeably for me, though it could just be placebo effect) without them finding ways to make it worse.
    Anyone else getting hiccups and freezes when on web? I've had to soft reset a couple of times in order to get the internet working properly (BTW i'm using the EVDO, not wifi)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluewave32 View Post
    Anyone else getting hiccups and freezes when on web? I've had to soft reset a couple of times in order to get the internet working properly (BTW i'm using the EVDO, not wifi)
    Yes, I posted this on a couple pages prior. My phone lags soooo bad now when switching through open apps. I don't know what to do. I reset many times and hard booted as well.

Soup
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Yes, I posted this on a couple pages prior. My phone lags soooo bad now when switching through open apps. I don't know what to do. I reset many times and hard booted as well.

Soup
    Same here with the apps... hope an update comes quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
    I don't know specifically about Google Voice, but I've been listening to WAVs through Gmail on the Pre for a while now. CallVantage, my VOIP from AT&T, sends voice messages as WAVs, and they play fine...
    I can't listen to voicemail WAV files on my Pre either... You sure your voicemails are coming through as WAV files?
    Hi, is anyone else using new.m.yahoo.com? Since 1.1 it looks terrible, the fonts are all wrong and it starts off really small and you have to zoom in on it. It used to look just like the screen shots on yahoo's website. I thought I saw something about new fonts being used by the Pre browser, could that be throwing it off? I can't find a way to override that, if it is.

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine (but I don't like the new notification sound - I don't hate it, I just liked the original better - and I agree there's something strange about the volume now).

Thanks

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Hi, is anyone else using new.m.yahoo.com? Since 1.1 it looks terrible, the fonts are all wrong and it starts off really small and you have to zoom in on it. It used to look just like the screen shots on yahoo's website. I thought I saw something about new fonts being used by the Pre browser, could that be throwing it off? I can't find a way to override that, if it is.
    No, I think Yahoo changed something when they released it "officially" just recently. I'm still on 1.0.4 and am seeing the same thing you are. I just submitted a report on their help page, so maybe they'll fix it...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Anyone having issues with SplashID since upgrading to webOS 1.1? Mine is coming up blank (as in plan white screen) now even after deleting and reinstalling it mulitple times. It's a great tool for storing screen name and account logins and so forth so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    Latest rumor that 1.1.1 is out in the wild - not sure if Palm would go with 1.1.1 or with 1.2? Either way: New Palm Pre Firmware? TechStooge
    ANOTHER update!!! fantastic :-)

Name ONE mobile provider this responsive with updates!!!!!

PALM you rock !

Now PLEASE fix the PIM issues especially adding attendees to a meeting, replying with text when responding to meeting requests and being able to decline, accept tentatively etc

These are basics that need to be resolved before adoption can increase in the corporate (and some in the retail) world
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I think this was already mentioned but the memo app has become terrible about the moving the cursor. I understand that they wanted to add the ability to be able to highlight an entire word by fast double-tap but moving the cursor somewhere other than where it is has become a near impossible task.

You used to be able to just tap on any spot of the memo and the cursor would move with your tap. Now, you actually have to hold the orange button and move it around that way. A slow double-tap sometimes works but it's very buggy and random.

This has to be a bug. Memo's are very cumbersome as opposed to 1.0.4. They actually got worse vs. better.
    I just noticed this issue yesterday, ugh, this better not be working as intended. It's helping get some practice moving the cursor around but it's annoying.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    After the update - we noticed that the network setting in the phone app reset back to defaults... Before the update our battery life was much improved by setting the network to "Sprint Only"...after the update we didn't notice that the setting was reset back to "Automatic" but we did notice that our battery life sucked again. Setting it back to "Sprint Only" gave us back our not great but acceptable battery life again.
    My battery life went to hell for some reason. And its running hot like it used to when I had hotmail set up on here. Down to 20% after about 6 hours of light usage. Charge it up to about 43% then went home from work, half hour later it was down to 32%
    I've lost 4% going on here just to post this....
    Well it was down to 10% by the time I got to my friends house 20 min later. I turned it off for a little bit then plugged it in to charge it and it seemed fine after that so I don't know if it was a 1.1 specific problem or not, hasn't done thay before guess I gotta just wait and see if it happens again.
    On a side note I went to check how much it had charged and the center button was lit up, I thought maybe it was a new feature for a second but I turned the screen on and there was no notifications or anything and the battery was only 95% so it wasn't a full charge notification. I unplugged it and it turned off. Plugged it back in and let it charge the rest of the way and it didn't come back so I guess it was just a weird fluke..
    My battery life is also shot, but it's when I'm using or connected to a bluetooth device and Pandora. It's the same device and activity I've had since day one, but now it takes my battery life to nil.
    LurkMoar, are you connected to a bluetooth headset when you get the drain? What apps are running, if any?

I've been at 100% for over an hour. Connected my bluetooth headset and went down to 97% in less than 3 minutes. I don't think it's Pandora as much as the bluetooth headset.
    Another user with battery life issues. Sucks because before this update I was getting almost 2 full days without having to charge it, now I am lucky to get a full workday.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I confirm the battery issues on my Pre since 1.10. I used to make it through the evening easily, but now I'm running dead empty by about 4 pm.

Tried turning off GPS with no obvious benefit. Not sure how much having it enabled really matters if you're not actively using it with Google Maps, etc.

Went from getting gmail immediately to once every 10 minutes. Again, no obvious benefit, and suspect that immediate (i.e. push) is better anyway if I'm not getting tons of mail, since the phone isn't wasting energy polling the server.
    i need to be able to foreward!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast