Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    By the way the AAC+ channel I wanted to stream was this Europa FM Radio Stations - Free Internet Radio
    But I did try others and it play in slowmotion. No idea what is wrong. Anyways the above mention channel is AAC+ stream and never played before this update.
    Last edited by Ehsan; 07/24/2009 at 01:11 AM.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Twee .92 just released to fix compatibility issues with WebOS 1.1.0!! For those of you that like the app anyway.
    Another thing I just noticed, I wanted to install the earthquake app and it woul not go through. I added a few things after the update to test them, but I could not get it to go through. I deleted a few apps that I don't use and voila! It went in, so I experimented with adding apps and deleting them. It seems that I can only have 73 icons on the first page of the apps. Further research shows I have added a total of 61 apps to my Pre, not just Homebrews, but a combo of HB and apps from the catalog. I am not sure if this is coincidental, accidental or utterly illogical, but I seem to be unable to add more apps. I tried adding another from the App Catalog and it states "Sorry, Not Enough Memory. Please delete an application you have installed to make room." I still have almost 5GB of space on the phone and it won't allow me to use that for apps? I was unaware of this restriction. I must say I am a little disappointed, not that I need 70 apps, but that they won't let me have them all
    I think this was already mentioned but the memo app has become terrible about the moving the cursor. I understand that they wanted to add the ability to be able to highlight an entire word by fast double-tap but moving the cursor somewhere other than where it is has become a near impossible task.

You used to be able to just tap on any spot of the memo and the cursor would move with your tap. Now, you actually have to hold the orange button and move it around that way. A slow double-tap sometimes works but it's very buggy and random.

This has to be a bug. Memo's are very cumbersome as opposed to 1.0.4. They actually got worse vs. better.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I think this was already mentioned but the memo app has become terrible about the moving the cursor. I understand that they wanted to add the ability to be able to highlight an entire word by fast double-tap but moving the cursor somewhere other than where it is has become a near impossible task.

You used to be able to just tap on any spot of the memo and the cursor would move with your tap. Now, you actually have to hold the orange button and move it around that way. A slow double-tap sometimes works but it's very buggy and random.

This has to be a bug. Memo's are very cumbersome as opposed to 1.0.4. They actually got worse vs. better.
    ick, you're right. editing text in other apps retains the old click functionality, but it doesn't have the double tap to select either.

somethign else I've noticed, is for new email notifications, I simply get an envelope, and no message across the bottom saying "gmail 2 new emails" or whatever (I'm pretty sure I used to get a message like that).
    Last edited by pomokey; 07/24/2009 at 02:50 AM.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I was getting excited because I thought my problem with Google Calendar had been fixed. Doesn't seem like it though. I have two Calendars on the same account synced with my phone, the updates were not going from my "second calendar" to the web. Now some of them are. It seems like the ones labeled "All Day" are not. Some is better then none I guess.
    There were a couple of little problems that I had that weren't show stoppers, just annoying to deal with daily. The 1.1.0 patch has fixed many of them.

1. When docked on the touchstone, and someone calls: 1.0.0 - 1.0.4 you would have have to unlock the phone with the "move the icon up" gesture. As of 1.1.0 you are presented with two seperate answer and a hang up buttons. Just touching one will answer the phone. This is much more intuitive.

2. Email alerts. Before I would get email alerts, but since I was at the computer and reading those messages on the desktop I didn't need to check the phone. After a day of that I would have a pile of new mail notifications on the Pre. Now it will clear those notifications out every time the Pre checks for new mail.

There may be more, but so far those two made the whole experience better for me.
    my phone is off after the update and won't turn on!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1774719

EDIT:

I removed the battery and got the phone to wake up, looks ok now.. whew
    Last edited by hmagoo; 07/24/2009 at 04:13 AM.
    The Alarm snooze has been changed from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. (I liked the 5 minute version better)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I'm running 5 minutes late and do not have time to skim the whole thread.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, NFL app issues.

VOD Video will not load, was connected to my WiFi and still would not load. reboot twice. and still nothing.
    When I get an email notification on the bottom and swipe it off the screen, 5 sec later it comes back and I have to swipe it again.
    Calendar app is so much faster. Finally!

EDIT: I take that back. It might be faster, but still not fast enough. I need to flip through days like a paper calendar please!
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 07/24/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    The only thing I have noticed is repeated:
    "Validation failed"

Palm, you suck at this.

I tried wi-fi and EVDO.
    I'm in the same boat - WiFi connected at home and I've probably tried to update 8-9 times now. It's actually trying to do it again as I write this.

Tried my wife's phone as well (not over WiFi) and it would not validate either.
    "A new font for the Browser - uses Palm's system font and, truly, it looks fantastic."

Really??

Yeah, No. It looks like crap. Too small in portrait mode. Maybe ok for folks with great eyes but the previous font was much more readable in portrait mode.

If we're gonna stick with that, at least give me the ability to choose a small, medium or large size as the standard font. Is there somewhere we can email suggestions/complaints to? This is a big one for me.

I love my phone otherwise and appreciate the speed improvements etc, but this is just a bad change. The font looks nice and all but it's too small.
    Last edited by levelbest; 07/24/2009 at 10:22 AM.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    It's impossible to know if something was mentioned with everyone posting random things, so I appologize if this was already mentioned.

Contacts:
    - There is no longer an info icon (the letter i with a circle around it) when entering/editing an address. Previously, touching this icon separated address, city, state and zip code into separate fields, stacked vertically.
    - The address also was displayed better because city, state and zip appeared below the address (like it should on an envelope) by default. Now you must hit the enter button to accomplish this (not a huge deal I guess).

Maybe I was the only one that used this? Anyway, I hope what they originally had comes back in a future update. Hopefull they just forgot to include/enable this rather than purposefully removing/disabling it...
    Is anyone else out there getting this error after Google Maps starts?
    I realize it might not be the update but I am experiencing this consistently after updating.

Google Error

Not Found

The requested URL /maps/m?client=ms-mwm-palm&gl=us was
    not found on this server.

PreUzer
    I have a website that I frequent that requires me to login... after it authenticates it typically returns me back to the main screen with my accepted credentials and I can browse the forum... now after it authenticates my credentials it returns me to the forums but its as if i never put in my credentials to begin with... its like i'm at square one again.
    no one else seems to have mentioned, syncing with 1.1 and iTunes 8.2.2 it now syncs the copy protected music to my Pre.
    with 8.2.1 and prior it would pop up a message saying it was going to skip x number of songs because they aren't supported by your device.

after updating 1.1 i downloaded 8.2.2 and did a sync and it just copied all the DRM music over. the songs show up on the Pre but if you try to play nothing happens.

not sure if this was a function of the disable and re-enable war or maybe just a problem in iTunes 8.2.2

anyway i did find a workaround... in iTunes you can check the view options for "Kind" then sort by that column, it shows the protected files and you can remove them from the list to sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless1 View Post
    One of the bugs in the Task app is fixed.
    Now state of individual list is saved (show all, show remaining, show completed, or show due).

However, the entry bug still exists (if state is anything but show all, hitting the new task button creates a blank task but you have to tap it to edit rather than editing in place.)
    I am happy about the ability to sort the tasks due today.

Now time to ask to get to sort the tasks by date!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    All the iPhone users at work ( and there are a bunch ) have no problem connecting to our WiFi at work. There is an auto certificate required. My IT person won't give it to me manually due to security.

I had hope this upgrade would fix this.

Come on Palm. This is a major shortcoming!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast