1.    #1  
    I bought my first Palm Pre back on Sunday for $100 at Best Buy (when they had the accidental sale). It had one stuck pixel, and the splotches at the bottom of the screen, but the hardware was solid, so I decided to live with these problems. However, earlier today, it developed a slight twist to it too. Not major, but enough to bug me, so I took it back to Best Buy for a trade-in. I got my new one pretty painlessly, the only problem is, the new one also has a slight twist. The new one does not have any screen issues though, so what I'm wondering is this: should I take this one back too, or just live with the slight twist (it's a little bit worse than on my first one) because I have a perfect screen? Thanks all!
    all of them have some play in the slider. What people consider too much "twist" is subjective. If you have a perfect screen, and the phone doesn't do an impression of a hurricane, just keep it.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    To be honest after me and my technician inspected the slide mechanism of the Pre, we determined that the only thing that would stop the twist is a redesigned slide on one side of the phone. So as long as the twist is not excessive I'd just live with it and perhaps have it replaced later by a service center assuming the slide gets a revision and your twist gets worse.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    There has to be play in the slider for it to slide. Every single Pre has play. I've seen a Pre with an oreo problem and I've seen a normal Pre (mine). The Pre with the problem will actually twist and move when you are using the touch screen to the point that it's hard to use gestures.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you everyone, I'm just a little OCD about my gadgets, and I switched to the Pre from an iPhone, so I don't have much experience with slider phones. Thanks again!