View Poll Results: How many Pre's have you been through?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm still on my first, works like a champ!

31 62.00%
  • 2nd Pre

10 20.00%
  • 3rd Pre

4 8.00%
  • 4th Pre

2 4.00%
  • 5th Pre

1 2.00%
  • 6 or more...let's hope this is the last one!

2 4.00%
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    So, I am officially on my 6th Pre. Yep. 6th. However, the Sprint rep was VERY nice today, brought out multiple boxes to let me see them before I left the store. Overall a good experience, and I finally have a Pre with no slider issues, no discoloration, no cracks, and no dead pixels. Seriously, it's perfect. It only took 6...where's everyone else at? Was I just super unlucky?? No trolling, here, because I would never be able to switch back to a Blackberry, iPhone, anything...the Pre beats it all. It was just a chore to find the *perfect* phone. How's everyone else doing?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Im on my third right now, waiting for my forth to come in... My first had discoloration.. my second was perfect except for 2 dead pixels which didnt bother me but one night the phone became really slow, so I turned it off for 5 minutes to give it a break.. unfortunately, it never turned back on lol.. my third one now has really bad discoloration but it doesnt show that bad unless i use the phone for a bout 10 minutes.. I wonder if the ghost-armor screen protector makes the screen get hotter causing the discoloration
    On my 5th and all is good for now. And I'm in the same boat as th OP I think I just have been running a bit of bad luck with this phone, but could never switch back to anything else.
    Seriously and honestly, I'm disgusted at how many damn threads are being posted about how people are on their 5th or whatever ridiculous numbered Pre.

How can people seriously expect a $200 device to be "perfect" when their brand new 30,000 dollar car doesn't even come "perfect." Remember folks, nothing's perfect. I'm on my first Pre still by the way, and I have, *knock on wood*, not had any of the physical issues anyone on here describes aside from software things. 200 dollars is not the price of luxury or near-perfection for a phone. Changing your phone six times really seems ridiculous and expecting way too much. I remember someone said it perfectly in another thread, how we as Americans want and expect every single element of our lives to be perfect, and complain constantly when one little thing goes wrong.
    Mine just took a crap on me, so im on my second. I was told the Pre's are backordered and I will have my replacement in 7-10 days!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Seriously and honestly, I'm disgusted at how many damn threads are being posted about how people are on their 5th or whatever ridiculous numbered Pre.
    I think part of what's happening is it's too easy to get a replacement so people are just taking advantage of the situation. Had the Pre been offered with no insurance like the Iphone, more than half these threads wouldn't exist.

BTW I just noticed a fingerprint on my Pre!! That's unacceptable Palm! Well, off to Best Buy tomorrow for a replacement Glad I got that insurance!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcurd0402 View Post
    So, I am officially on my 6th Pre. Yep. 6th. However, the Sprint rep was VERY nice today, brought out multiple boxes to let me see them before I left the store. Overall a good experience, and I finally have a Pre with no slider issues, no discoloration, no cracks, and no dead pixels. Seriously, it's perfect. It only took 6...where's everyone else at? Was I just super unlucky?? No trolling, here, because I would never be able to switch back to a Blackberry, iPhone, anything...the Pre beats it all. It was just a chore to find the *perfect* phone. How's everyone else doing?
    Just curious, why would you go thru 6 phones - why not get something else or keep what you have/had - do you want a Pre that bad or are you really picky?
    Just like in the other poll, i'm still on my first.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    So what happens to all these Pre's that are returned? Where do they go? To the Pre lost land to never more be seen again? Poor Pre's.
    Waiting for my first one.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I read all these posts about people on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I'm like wtf. Still on my first and working perfect. just a little scratch from me dropping it. But it's telling what this device can do. People are on their 3rd phone and still loving it. Any other phone out there, they'd give up on after the 1st or 2nd time. The only bad thing is my wife's ready for divorce 'cause I'd rather go to bed with my Pre than her-lol.
  11. hon
    still first on first day.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I wanted a Pre, and I am really that picky...sorry, for $300 it better not have discoloration or crazy stuff, that's all. I totally understand no phone is ever going to be perfect, but it's finding the one that you can live with. I also agree that we as Americans take way too much for granted...however, that doesn't mean you live with sub-par hardware if it is something that can be fixed and you paid for it. I figure if I'm having a phone for 2 years, I want it to be what I want so that 6 months down the road I'm not wondering what the heck I was thinking.

And I agree - it does tell how impressive the phone is that people continue to hold on. This little guy really is a gem...I couldn't have any other phone if I wanted to! Very happy with Palm's creation!
    Where did you get $300 from? Even if you choose to go the rebate route, it's still comes to $200. The yellow discoloration comes and goes and is caused the lcd being heated. This, IMO, is an issue with ALL of them. If someone can post info to the contrary please do. Some people look for it and see it, others like myself don't. I haven't seen it for the longest while on mine but it was there initially. The slider on some may be more loose than others, but NONE is going to be perfect.
    Well, I'm on the 4th for wife and 2nd for myself. I'm about done with it if I have to come in for 5th.
    Sprint has to come on hard on Palm to get the good quality phone.
    Palm, they must get their act together quick or both company will see major loss at next quarter

Great futuristic idea does not always translate well when you can not deliver. Palm may has its chance but this hardware issue will defintely be the nail in their coffin if they don't get the quality under control and fix the issue with current customer.

I love webos and its concept. I love the willingness of palm developer to support the community. I still like Sprint network. However, they are both on a short rope with their Pre quality.

No bashing just hope sprint or Palm pay attention to their product quality.