Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I'd hever heard of them, but apparently they're a Sprint affliliate that also sells the Pre. This is from their conference call today:

Regarding Smartphones, these devices made up approximately 22% of our total device activation mix during the second quarter, up from 14% in the year ago quarter. ARPU for smart devices continues to remain strong and is currently in the mid $70 range. We continue to see strong demand for the BlackBerry Curve, the Samsung Instinct, and Palm Pre devices in our markets.

We are currently experiencing healthy demand for the Palm Pre, which was launched on June 6, and overall, customer interest remains high. Given this, we are seeking greater quantities of the Palm Pre to satisfy the ongoing demand.
    iPCS Inc. Q2 2009 Earnings Call Transcript -- Seeking Alpha
    Never heard of them either. Very interesting -- nice find
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I sure analyst Kevin Dede haven't heard of them either.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Oh yeah, baby, stick it to old Dede.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Just go to their website. They are a small independent wireless reseller business that accounts for just over 1% of Sprint's customer base (~700,000 subscribers). One difference between iPCS and Sprint is iPCS had a small net gain in subscribers this last year although they still suffer from high churn rates Sprint experiences perennially.

Not a really good indicator of how Pre sales are going - is this where Deutsche Bank got their figures from?