1.    #1  
    So earlier today, I was listening to some music on my pre. I had it plugged in to some speakers via the headphone jack.
    Then I got a call, so I unplugged it, and answered, but I got absolutely no sound. It wasn't muted, not on vibe, or anything. Just silence.

Now, I can't listen to mp3s, take calls, or anything period. It's like the speaker's dead.
    If I put it on Speaker-phone, it works (using the speaker on the back) but if I try to use the earpiece it wont work.

PLZ HELP! I'm desparate!
    PS
    I tried restarting, it did nothing. :/
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Well then you only have few choices left.

1. Try to recreate the same events (i.e. listen to music, have someone call you). It might undo it.

2. Full restore.

3. Return.
  3.    #4  
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    yeah I had a similar issue and the above tip helped me too. What was strange about my case though is that the speaker was only not working when the music app was open. For example when I closed the music app there was no "swoosh" sound but after closing it if I were to swipe a different app off the screen then the sound returned. If I opened music then the problem returned. In any case I tried the headphone jack thing and problem solved.