Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Finally finished making a little web app for a 5 day forecast and animated weather radar for my Pre. Thought you might like it as well.

Here's the URL: http://m.wickens.ws/wx/

browser_2009-31-07_174945.png

browser_2009-31-07_175224.png

browser_2009-31-07_175237.png
    Looks good! Get this posted to the Homebrew Apps forum! PM Dieter Bohn or Darth Pooh.
    Excelent job!!!
    I can even zoom in on the radar. Where do I send a check?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Wow! This is really good. well done!
    Thanks
    Nice! This looks awesome.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    There isn't anything to post to the hombrew forum, other than perhaps the URL. What he has is a website, not a web app. (NOT that it's any less cool.) You can use it from your PC, or even (gasp) your iPhone.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Looks good! Get this posted to the Homebrew Apps forum! PM Dieter Bohn or Darth Pooh.
    Since this is implemented as a website (and not a downloaded application), would it qualify for Homebrew Apps? I have not seen a collection of Pre optimized websites outside of the few on the Tips and Tricks.

Added to my bookmarks.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    This is awesome! Great job!
    I even like it on the desktop, it loads so fast
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Glad yall like it. Let me know if you see anything wrong with it or whatever and i'll try and work it in.

By the way the forecast and current tempature is cached for 3 hours

Is a web app considered a homebrew app? Hmmm
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't believe it qualifies as a homebrew but its very cool nonetheless. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thats a very nice weather web.... You should get that into an app for the pre or chat with some on this forum and have them do it....that with a few other things added would kill accuweather......

My 2cents
    The Wams
    I think it should qualify as a homebrew app, after all, the operating system for the Pre is called WebOs.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I thought about creating it as an actual install app but figure more people could use it this way. Not everyone has the 'homebrew app' thing down. Heck I figure less that 20% are doing it.

I'll do it as an actual app once the app store gets going
    A HUGE THANKS. Just added it to the Launcher.

Finally finished making a little web app for a 5 day forecast and animated weather radar for my Pre. Thought you might like it as well.
    Added it to my launcher, and for all practical purposes, it works just like an app. Thanks!
    Awesome.
    Looks good! Location needs CT, though.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Very nice job. THANKS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast