Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great stuff!! Thanks for this! Is this through your servers? or does your app portions just use your servers and actual visual data is streamed from other? Would hate this to stop working due to a bandwidth limit or outage?

Thanks Again!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Customized IT Solutions and Managed Technology Services - D2 Global Inc.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi, this is a great site. Thanks! It will definately be bookmarked.
    Very nice job. Keep the apps coming...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    Great stuff!! Thanks for this! Is this through your servers? or does your app portions just use your servers and actual visual data is streamed from other? Would hate this to stop working due to a bandwidth limit or outage?

Thanks Again!

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC
    Customized IT Solutions and Managed Technology Services - D2 Global Inc.
    Well, for today I went through about 100MB. My monthly allotment is 15GB, so I should be OK. If worse comes to worse, i'll reduce the size of the pictures, but I should be OK otherwise. The radar images are streamed directly from NOAA, so I doubt they will disappear.

More than anything I'm worried about what I can't control which is the actual weather data.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    This is freakin awesome! Using my pre right now to type this.

1 request.... Any way to zoom in just a little closer for more precise detail?

Thanks again very much!!!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    To answer a few questions from some earlier posts:

1. I've fixed the Wind Speed issue that was showing up for the first evening's description.
    2. There isn't a Connecticut radar station. If you go to NOAA it gives you the radar for NY,NY.
    3. There isn't a Charlotte NC station either. NOAA gives you the Greenville,SC for that city.
    4. though, the zoom is as close as i can get. You are also using the "finger spread" to zoom in as well right?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    yes, i am wicketr. i'll live with what i've got. this really kicks ***. thanks very much for doing this!
    Very nice. Much better that the apps that are out there.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So far this is the best animated wx radar app available for the pre that I know of. The others can't yet zoom, loop, or look aweful. That means a lot more people are going to pick it up. I'd imagine you may find you're hitting you limit soon.

Maybe one of the pre sites could host it for you? Or you could package it as an app to clear the homebrewers from your bandwidth? From what I see so far I'd definitely be a buyer.

Does your fcst come from the NWS?

Good work!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talsair View Post
    So far this is the best animated wx radar app available for the pre that I know of. The others can't yet zoom, loop, or look aweful. That means a lot more people are going to pick it up. I'd imagine you may find you're hitting you limit soon.

Maybe one of the pre sites could host it for you? Or you could package it as an app to clear the homebrewers from your bandwidth? From what I see so far I'd definitely be a buyer.

Does your fcst come from the NWS?

Good work!
    Access has tapered off since the first day. So far for the month its at 231MB. I should be fine for awhile.

I'll eventually look at making this a standalone app with the images locally stored.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    FINALLY a GOOD animated radar. Is there any reason why normal animated radar doesn't work on the Pre? Since I work out of my car and can drive over 300miles a day easily I couldn't live without wundergrounds mobile website with animated radar on my old Blackberry. And once I realized none of them worked on my Pre I have been a bit put off. We have the one homebrew app with animated radar but the radar he uses is just way too broad for my needs.

A million thanks once again.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is it possible to get less ground clutter? Seems like there is always a bit of clutter around Tulsa.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    unfortunately the Pre (as of right now) does not support animated GIFs. The "animated" radar that is on my site is a series of JPGs that i flip through manually.

Fortunately NOAA has a historical listing of radar images that i can do this with. I'm kinda tied with what i can do
    Good stuff man! Between what you did and the iphone version of Weather Underground, I got the weather covered pretty good.
    Very good work, impressive, very impressive! Thanks!
    Looks good - definitely digging the detailed radar. BTW, has anybody tried using the weather.com mobile site? Animated radar, hourly forecast, etc. mw.weather.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123