Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Looks good! Location needs CT, though.
    What is CT?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Connecticut
    thanks - great site -
    good job! thanks! bookmarked!
    nice job! It certainly has potential. The outlook is great. Not a huge fan of the radar though.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    I thought about creating it as an actual install app but figure more people could use it this way. Not everyone has the 'homebrew app' thing down. Heck I figure less that 20% are doing it.

I'll do it as an actual app once the app store gets going
    I think its GREAT! I wish more apps were made to install this way. Just can't seem to get the " homebrew" thing down. I know most feel getting homebrew apps is easy, but ya gotta remember, you guys are F1 racers, some of us are still drivin the Beltway ( MD/DC in da house). A lil help please. Anyway, GREAT work and thanks for the easy install.
    Nice. Could you add hourly forecast? Really useful.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Nice. Could you add hourly forecast? Really useful.
    Unfortunately no. I'm limited to the free data that is available
    very cool. simple yet very professional looking. my only issue (and it may be only mine and a result of my location) is that, the current day's PM forecast lists the moon's cycle and wind speed under "wind."

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Good job! Thanks!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    very cool
    AWESOME Weather APP!!! I have it bookmarked! What tools did you use to make it? PM me as I am interested. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Since this is a web app, is there any way it could be ported to web os?
    Awesome job - looks and works great! Thank you!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I just checked my weather again. It still says 64 degrees (last updated at 9:18 a.m.). However it's now 12:30 p.m. and about 70 degrees. I refreshed the page and it still says that. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Nice!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Could you add Charlotte, NC?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I just checked my weather again. It still says 64 degrees (last updated at 9:18 a.m.). However it's now 12:30 p.m. and about 70 degrees. I refreshed the page and it still says that. Any ideas?
    the caching must be off. I'll try and have a look at it tomorrow when I have some time around a computer.

With regards to the radar locations. They come from NOAA. Does CT or Charlotte have a radar based in those locations? If so, what is the 3 letter abreviation for the radar there?
    Looks great, but .ws? Really? Does it make me a xenophobic American to wonder why I should connect to a server in Samoa, to check the weather in New York?
    Looks good! One small "feature request," though (and I don't even know if other people would want this or not): On the animated radar loop, how about adding a pause or "dummy" frame(s) at the end of the image sequence, so it's more obvious where the loop repeats? I know many commercial weather sites don't even bother doing this, but with some radar patterns, it can be confusing to have to check the timestamps to know for sure which way things are moving.

Thanks!

--John
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast