1.    #1  
    Finally.

yeah I know people wouldn't care if that was all this was about...but came across my first issue.

My gf tried saving her birthday in her contact info. However, we are completely unable to save April 22nd. It jumps to May for some reason after we hite "done" We can use every other month but April.

Has anyone ran across this yet? I haven't done a reboot but just wondering.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    oh well
    scroll up a bit on the month
    Welcome to precentral
    Try rebooting but that the first time I have heard of that problem
    Congrats on your new pre!
    I saw a post earlier in the week where quite a few people were having a problem entering February for a month. After seeing this post I decided to test it on mine. It will not accept the months February, April, June, September or November. This is trying with both Palm and Google set as the default contact entry.

In the other thread everyone that noticed said things were working right until they updated to 1.1

My next test will be entering it from gmail and doing a sync and seeing what comes up on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Bronze...I use gmail as my contact manager and just sync it with the Pre. So I tried entering birthdays on gmail and then syncing and for some reason everything shows up except birthdays. Same thing with reverse synch, birthdays on pre don't show up on gmail and birthdays on gmail don't show up on the pre.

Plus I haven't tried November, but, just like you said, Feb, April, June and Sept don't work. They rollover to the next month when you click done.
    February, April, June, September, and November are the months with fewer than 31 days. A pattern emerges...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    She must be lying about her age.
    That's because 422 (April 22nd) is a shutdown code it webOS applications.

j/k
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    That's because 422 (April 22nd) is a shutdown code it webOS applications.

j/k
    I thought it shut down at 420.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    well I'll be durned ... I just looked in my contacts and indeed people that have birthdays in April are displayed as May. I know this is not a typing error for all my contact information in the Pre is cloud-sourced (at least as far as b/days is concerned). Smelling a bug here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    February, April, June, September, and November are the months with fewer than 31 days. A pattern emerges...
    good thinking...now if you could just find a fix...you'd be a genius!

I have this problem too, nevr even noticed it until people brought it up and I looked in my contacts :-(
    This has been a strange problem. I tried entering the months again today and now they stay put. Haven't done anything different from yesterday. No resets or reboots. Apparently it depends on when you enter the birthday?

Is everyone getting the month to stay today?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My contacts work just fine for have a birthday in April... I'll post a pic in a few minutes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darkfox; 08/01/2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added proof
  15.    #15  
    Hmmm let me try again.

I mean its not a HUGE issue to me but its def. something Palm should know about.
  16.    #16  
    It worked after my facebook sync.

Weird.