1.    #1  
    I hope I don't get blasted for this post..but ..yes I did several searches before asking this...

has anyone figured out how to save recordings (sounds and/or videos) that are sent to you through texting...?

I know you can save pics...just haven't figured out how to save vids and sounds..or if it even possible..

I am a fair technical person..but haven't rooted my Pre or tried any of the homebrew stuff as I am not very familiar with the Linix command line

Thanks in advance...
    You'll find them in your Pre when you connect it as a USB drive. In the ".attachments\mms\xxxxxx" folder. Then you can copy and paste them as you wish. I've seen both MP3's and jpg's in there, so I'm not certain about the video. That's where it should be though.
    Last edited by vholif2137; 07/31/2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Wasn't correct upon post
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Checkout file coaster in homebrew I think it can do what you want
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel28 View Post
    I hope I don't get blasted for this post..but ..yes I did several searches before asking this...
    It's getting kind of sad when people are scared of getting flamed for posting questions on this forum.. . Just thinking out loud..
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dre3k2 View Post
    It's getting kind of sad when people are scared of getting flamed for posting questions on this forum.. . Just thinking out loud..
    Agreed. If you search and can't find your answer, post away. Its the people who start a thread asling a question when there is an identical thread 3 threads down that gets me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Checkout file coaster in homebrew I think it can do what you want
    i didnt think file coaster can do this.. if so how?
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    i didnt think file coaster can do this.. if so how?
    If someone sends you a mp3 via SMS/messaging then just type the web link into filecoaster. Then let it do its thing. To verify everything went ok check your music files and see if you see the song.

If you are away from you personal PC (or do not have access to your USB cable) and want to send yourself an mp3 you can upload the mp3 to Beam it up Scotty - Convert and send files to mobile, cellphone, iPhone, PDA or Smartphone. and put in your email to verify and phone number for the msg to be sent to.

I know its not the most straight forward but it works
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    is it just me, or does it seem really bad that you can't save a video/mp3 right from the text message? come on Palm, the Pre is supposed to be a "smartphone". its lacking so many basic features.