1.    #1  
    Can we delete the "build in" apps?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    you can only delete the "built in" apps if you root your pre.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chisolmy View Post
    Can we delete the "build in" apps?
    if you are referring to like nascar and NFL, no you can't.
    Given that there is no SD card support, we are forced to make the most of the limited 8GB in the Pre. IF these unwanted Sprint apps eat up some of this 8GB, I think I should be able to delete them and reclaim that space. On the other hand, if these apps are in EEPROM and RAM, not flash, then it may be a moot point.
    Last edited by chodaboy; 07/31/2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
    How big is the NFL app in size? Is there any way to tell?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Given that there is no SD card support, we are forced to make the most of the limited 8GB in the Pre. IF these unwanted Sprint apps eat up some of this 8GB, I think I should be able to delete them and reclaim that space. On the other hand, if these apps are in EEPROM and RAM, not flash, then it may be a moot point.
    If Sprint has a deal with the NFL and NASCAR that those apps are bundled on every Pre sold, and if our agreement with Sprint includes allowing Sprint to put those apps on our Pre, then actually we should not be able to delete them. And, I'm guessing that both are true, and indeed are factored into Sprint's business model and thus the price we paid for our Pre.

In short, if Sprint could allow us to remove the apps, we'd pay more for the Pre and/or our Sprint service.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic