1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone has changed from the Touch PRO to the Pre without having to pay anything. I have used several Sprint windows mobile devices I even made my own ROM releases but The touch pro keeps giving me issues no matter what.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I migrated from a Touch Pro to a Pre, but I purchased the new device off eBay. To my understanding you need to be able to sign a new contract to get a discount on the Pre, and even then the device is $199 after rebate. Sprint has bought my old devices for a meager $25 in the past when I upgrade. I still have my Touch Pro and plan to eBay or Craigslist it.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    i went from touch pro to pre for free.
    I switched from a touch pro and even though it wasn't free it was well worth it. I have done it all with winmo devices and I have never been as happy with any winmo device as I am with my pre
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I too made the switch from the Touch Pro to the Pre. Somedays I miss the Touch Pro, but not often. The keyboard on the Pro was pretty nice for those of us with 'sausage fingers' I was unable to sell my Pro on Ebay for about $200 but I too had to renew my contract for another 2 yrs.
    I did. After buying the Pre, Sprint bought back my Touch Pro for $200. Surprised me, I looked up the buyback price online before I went in and saw $50, thought I'd just humor the guy in the store when he offered to look it up again.
    I practically did. I switched from a TP to a Pre. I bought my Pre for the 200 bucks but was able to sell my TP for 200 bucks on craigslist. Only one thing I miss from WM is true copy and paste! Including the ability to save an image from the web.
    By the way Ivan, if you are the Ivan from ppcgeeks, I used some of your Roms lol
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    By the way Ivan, if you are the Ivan from ppcgeeks, I used some of your Roms lol
    Yep is me!!! I still have 2 touch pros but I want a pre to build apps and actually run it on my pre..lol
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    If they dont let you upgrade for free you can always buy a Pre off of ebay for near fully subdized prices.
    I practically did. I switched from a TP to a Pre. I bought my Pre for the 200 bucks but was able to sell my TP for 200 bucks on craigslist. Only one thing I miss from WM is true copy and paste! Including the ability to save an image from the web.
    Ditto.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Same here, except I sold my SERO plan as well
    Me as well. Because I had bought my TP just 6 months ago, I wasn't eligible for the discount, but I switched numbers with my son, whose contract was up. I got $200 on Ebay for the TP.
  14.    #14  
    Im working on an app for the pre. The app is kind of like a soccer scoreboard and schedule viewer. is still in progress but i dont actually have the Pre just the emulator for now
  15.    #15  
    So i have had 5 Touch Pro replacements. the sprint ATS told me to go to the store and they would give me a different model. I went and they ordered me a brand new Touch pro that i dont want anymore. As soon as I get it ill sell it and by me a pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    So i have had 5 Touch Pro replacements. the sprint ATS told me to go to the store and they would give me a different model. I went and they ordered me a brand new Touch pro that i dont want anymore. As soon as I get it ill sell it and by me a pre.
    Play your cards right and you could come out the winner on this. My friend got a bit over $200 for his used TP.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    They bought my Touch pro for the maximum allowed $50.