Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 171
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    You hit the nail on the head here. The newer phones DO require more power, which is why it logically makes sense to give them more power.

    Again, to use my car analogy, it's like comparing fuel tanks. My Dad's big diesel truck has like a 40 gallon fuel tank. My 4-banger has a 14 gallon. Makes sense. Wouldn't you consider it inconvenient if you had to stop to refuel your car every 100 miles because the manufacturer decided not to put a big enough fuel tank in it?

    I understand the point of view that if you want the phone than you just have to deal with it, and if battery life was such a concern then I shouldn't have bought it in the first place, but that's just admitting defeat.

    Palm is trying to market this device to everyone, not just the people that are willing to change their habits to accommodate poor battery life. This leads me back to my original point. If Palm wants to increase consumer satisfaction, they need to fix these few little issues.

    I think Palm would be pissed if the sales people in the stores were like the people on this forum... "Now ma'am, before you buy this awesome Pre, I need to make sure you understand that the battery life is not that great, so you might want to get 3 extra chargers and make sure you can charge it periodically throughout the day, otherwise, let me show you this cool Samsung phone over here."
    Yeah, except that, for whatever reason you keep ignoring this:



    And from Apple's own website:

    Apple - Batteries - iPhone

    ...telling you that if you want decent battery life, turn everything off. On their own website.

    Why do you have different standards for Apple and Palm? Why do you declare that the iPhone gets great battery life while battery life on the Pre "sucks" when the evidence show that's clearly not the case? Hell, at least you can get an extra battery for the Pre and swap it out. Any sane person would see that as a benefit.

    No, despite the fact that the iPhone gets around the same battery life and you can't even swap a battery if you're running low (or when it stops holding a decent charge over time) the iPhone is perfect and Palm needs to work on it.

    You're just like all the other sheep that have been blinded by Lord Jobs.
  2. #142  
    For one, I'm getting a little tired of all of you who are going off on this guy because he is experiencing issue with his pre. You say he's whining. Isn't that what all of you are do about his post. WHINING!. If you were happy with the pre this would not be that big of an issue for all of you. You'd simply acknowledge that he has not had the same luck as you and move on. Why so serious!

    I am currently on my 5th pre now.

    the first: oreo effect with the slider.

    second: yellow distortion at the bottom of the screen. I would not have exchanged it if it wasn't really bad.

    Third:some sort of crack or something on the inside of the slider around the screen. You all know that the slider is not a solid black cover, right? It's a clear plastic cover that has a black smoked finish. If you hold it in the out in the sun you can see the components behind it. Anyway, there look like a seam is forming around the inner side of the slider in which in low light areas I can see light from the screen seeping through. The more I use the slider, the more it grows.
    Fourth: had the same issue as the third right out of the box at the store.
    Fifth: after arriving home, later that night the seam started to form underneath once again on that phone.

    True, not everyone is experiencing these issues, but from other posts I have read here there are still too many having hardware issue. The WebOS is great. I have had no problems with it. The battery life, fair but that is to be expected.

    When those of us who have real jobs ( not save up for months working at the local Starbucks or having mommy and daddy buy us a pre) spend good money on a product, we expect it to work.

    Yes the iPhone had its share of issues when it launched. Most where with the OS. But this is in my opinion inexcusable. How do you design and test a product like this and miss issues like these.

    So, next time all of you that want to slam a guy about issues that he is having and there are more than a few having problems with the pre hardware, be glad you are not one of them.

    Remember....It's just a Phone. Don't get so offended. Oh, and ditch the Starbucks position and go out and get a real job. Then you might understand the value of a dollar or whatever currency you use and get why others might get pissed over quality of a product they just purchased.
  3. #143  
    ^^LOL!!
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoit View Post
    Oh, and ditch the Starbucks position and go out and get a real job. Then you might understand the value of a dollar or whatever currency you use and get why others might get pissed over quality of a product they just purchased.
    Next time you come in, I'm peeing in your latte.
  5. #145  
    that sort of attitude is why you will always be working there and living with mom and dad.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    In my opinion, despite the problems (both software and hardware) this phone is not poorly built. Can it be improved? Absolutely! I would like even snappier performance, a bigger battery and flash support to name a view.
    Wow, after all this time, it turns out you DO agree with the OP.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoit View Post
    that sort of attitude is why you will always be working there and living with mom and dad.
    Have you seen my parents' house?? No way I'm ever moving out.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Yeah, except that, for whatever reason you keep ignoring this:



    And from Apple's own website:

    Apple - Batteries - iPhone

    ...telling you that if you want decent battery life, turn everything off. On their own website.

    Why do you have different standards for Apple and Palm? Why do you declare that the iPhone gets great battery life while battery life on the Pre "sucks" when the evidence show that's clearly not the case? Hell, at least you can get an extra battery for the Pre and swap it out. Any sane person would see that as a benefit.

    No, despite the fact that the iPhone gets around the same battery life and you can't even swap a battery if you're running low (or when it stops holding a decent charge over time) the iPhone is perfect and Palm needs to work on it.

    You're just like all the other sheep that have been blinded by Lord Jobs.
    I don't give a crap about the iPhone. I never bought one because I never wanted one. All I care about is the Pre. Also, I have addressed that chart in a previous post. Comparing the Pre to the iPhone 3G doesn't make much sense. The Pre's main competition is the 3Gs, which has comparable hardware to the Pre.

    This battery debate is getting old. If you interpreted the OP as a complaint about battery life, you need to learn how to read. I simply mentioned that that was the main issue I was having.

    Making excuses and pretending the battery life is adequate for everyone is just ignorant. Palm could have included a higher capacity battery and increased overall user satisfaction greatly. That's all I'm saying.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Have you seen my parents' house?? No way I'm ever moving out.
  10. #150  
    Sorry. I try to stay out of bad neighborhoods.
  11. #151  
    So to get back to the main issue. Everyone just chill. Palm has a long way to go to make this phone a iPhone killer and leave it at that.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Wow, after all this time, it turns out you DO agree with the OP.
    ...Only after you strip all the whining in his posts.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoit View Post
    So to get back to the main issue. Everyone just chill. Palm has a long way to go to make this phone a iPhone killer and leave it at that.
    Your opinion is noted.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoit View Post
    Sorry. I try to stay out of bad neighborhoods.
    Wait, I have parents that buy me everything which is why I don't understand the value of a dollar, but I live in a bad neighborhood? Man, my parents are stupid.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoit View Post
    Sorry. I try to stay out of bad neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Wait, I have parents that buy me everything which is why I don't understand the value of a dollar, but I live in a bad neighborhood? Man, my parents are stupid.
    now now kids, let's behave
  16. #156  
    There are those who produce a good amount of money and choose to live in bad neighborhoods (know what I mean).

    I could take it further but there is not point with someone who rather complain about others misfortunes. We have better things to do than to read posts from someone who rather talk trash about others than to be productive.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post

    Making excuses and pretending the battery life is adequate for everyone is just ignorant. Palm could have included a higher capacity battery and increased overall user satisfaction greatly. That's all I'm saying.
    Maybe, but they didn't. No one said the battery life is adequate for everyone. Just that it's comparable to other popular smartphones out there. The real issue is battery technology. It has a long way to go. Even the biggest out there will only yield a fews days for the most.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoit View Post
    I could take it further but there is not point with someone who rather complain about others misfortunes. We have better things to do than to read posts from someone who rather talk trash about others than to be productive.
    Oh, your mom is standing right behind you, isn't she?

    Talk trash about others? I thought we were having fun bashing me and my parents. It is a shame that on a beautiful Friday night such as this, all I've got for entertainment is you.

    Anyway, back on topic - the Pre that my parents bought me keeps a charge all the way through my shift at Starbucks, and I've only had a few minor software issues, so I'm pretty happy with the phone and the company that built it.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Maybe, but they didn't. No one said the battery life is adequate for everyone. Just that it's comparable to other popular smartphones out there. The real issue is battery technology. It has a long way to go. Even the biggest out there will only yield a fews days for the most.
    I just want a full day. I don't think that's too much to ask.

    BTW, I will def be investing in the Seideo extended battery.
  20. #160  
    What? Software issues? Who here on this post is having software issues? Are you bashing Palm now for their OS? Aren't you one of the many who have no issues with the device.

    So your software issues are legit, but some else with hardware issues is not? Love your logic.

    You sound just like one of those sheep! But for Palm.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions