Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 171
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    OK thats cool its not for you. Quite frankly I have known that since about your 5th post. I tried the BB for about a month and quickly learned if was not for me. I have not posted at Crackberry since. Hopefully now you can be a real man and just exit the forum and not continue the b***ing and moaning like others seem to be addicted to.
    Please reference any of my statements that can be considered b***ing and moaning.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Battery life is comparable to the iPhone which still isn't as good as some BBerries but not horrible. If you read on the BB forums users are having battery problems with the Tour as well.
    Hey!! No fair posting objective comparisons. This thread ain't about objectivity!
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/30/2009 at 09:36 PM.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Poor battery life is a fact, not an opinion.
    Not the greatest battery life but I think its more relative on what you do with your phone to whether its poor battery life or not.

    I do also agree with your point that we shouldn't have to go customizing the phone to get the better battery life and its something Palm should of thought of. However I think they went with a smaller, more impressive body style then the bulky better performance. Personally I think for now I will stick with the slicker look then pay more for battery.

    It is a trade off for what you rather have tbh. If tour is a better match for you then go for it. If my only complaint with the phone would be a bad battery life then I would fork over the $65 to dbl the life and be happy. But thats just me.... I love this OS and I find it worth staying with and seeing what palm goes into bringing the phone to its maximum potential. YMMV!
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I want to keep my Pre, but what am I supposed to do if I can't make it through the day on a single charge?
    Well, I guess there are at least two options:
    1. Get rid of it and get what works for you.
    2. Get rid of it and start a thread imlying that everyone who has no problems with it are in denial and/or fanboys.


    Guess we know which one you chose...

    And the irony is, I typed most of this (and all of the previous posts) on my Pre, but just now had to put it on the touchstone because I got an alert that it was at 10%... But then, it's almost 9:30, and I do use it pretty heavily.
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/30/2009 at 09:37 PM.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    There has NEVER been any inconsistencies. I challenge you to prove otherwise.
    Brush up your reading skills, I said SharonW's observations about them. She says there were, you say there weren't. I don't care enough to check. But, you're leaving, so it's moot...
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Poor battery life is a fact, not an opinion.
    Actually, that's incorrect. "Poor" is relative. And has been objectively shown, compares to other smartphones.
    If battery life does what I need it to do, then it's not poor for me. If it lasted a week with no charging, and someone needed it to last 10 days, it would poor for them.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    what the heck are you talking about!!!

    You have serious issues if my problem with the poor battery life is the equivalent to a personal attack.
    You are kidding right? Or do you simply live in a different reality. "Problem with the poor battery life" is not all you said. Let me give you a few examples:


    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    ...
    We need to stop making excuses for the Pre's shortcomings and hold Palm to a higher standard so they have some incentive to increase quality. It's interesting because I read through 35 pages on crackberry last night about problems people have been having with the Tour and the thread carried a completely different atmosphere than I've seen on this forum. Blackberry owners have become used to a high standard, so when RIM puts out a device with problems, you don't hear a bunch of BB fanboys on there trying to come up with excuses and telling people they need to stop complaining.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    ...
    I'm talking about all the people that aren't afraid to admit that the battery life on the Pre sucks.
    ...
    And that's without really putting in much effort, and without going to other threads. Before you finished your first post in this thread, you implied that anyone that disagreed with you was a fanboy making excuses.

    We get it, you don't like the phone. But, that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with those of us that do. You really seem to have a problem with the fact that some folks don't see things the way you do. That's your issue, not ours.
  8. #68  
    Preface- the Pre is the best phone I have ever owned. And I am usually anti-Apple, not for their h/w but their s/w and business practices.

    That said, even considering the more complex form factor (slider) of the Pre, the iPhone is far superior to the Pre. Even gen1 was. Every slider I have had (samsung, lg, moto, se, htc) had better build quality. Tomorrow I'm going back to get my 4th Pre for yet another new problem (screen flicker).

    That said, I am not complaining. I avoid being the early adopter when I can but this time I couldn't wait. This phone has 90% of the features I was wanting and I will never look back. The OS and form factor is what I want. The build quality is less important.

    And when the Pre2 comes out, I will probably buy it, too...
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    Preface- the Pre is the best phone I have ever owned. And I am usually anti-Apple, not for their h/w but their s/w and business practices.

    That said, even considering the more complex form factor (slider) of the Pre, the iPhone is far superior to the Pre. Even gen1 was. Every slider I have had (samsung, lg, moto, se, htc) had better build quality. Tomorrow I'm going back to get my 4th Pre for yet another new problem (screen flicker).

    That said, I am not complaining. I avoid being the early adopter when I can but this time I couldn't wait. This phone has 90% of the features I was wanting and I will never look back. The OS and form factor is what I want. The build quality is less important.

    And when the Pre2 comes out, I will probably buy it, too...
    I would not consider it superior but I have not had a whole lot of time with the iphone just from playing with it at store and never understood what the fuss was about. Tbh I cant stand the form factor of iphone and much prefer this even with the problems it looks a lot better.

    I don't think iphone is worth the premium price to have one however this phone is great for what I payed and what I will pay per month for what I get included with it. Iphone is a fairly decent product but I also dont like Apple too much and even if it came to Sprint I think I rather stick with the Palm product not only because of the maker but for the form factor.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Poor battery life is a fact, not an opinion.
    Wow.

    Seriously, if you rotate your hips forward a little the door won't hit you in the arse on your way out.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You are kidding right? Or do you simply live in a different reality. "Problem with the poor battery life" is not all you said. Let me give you a few examples:





    And that's without really putting in much effort, and without going to other threads. Before you finished your first post in this thread, you implied that anyone that disagreed with you was a fanboy making excuses.

    We get it, you don't like the phone. But, that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with those of us that do. You really seem to have a problem with the fact that some folks don't see things the way you do. That's your issue, not ours.
    my problem is that every time anyone (not just me) has anything negative to say about the Pre, a bunch of people on here take it personally. I've said time and time again that the Pre is a great phone. I DO NOT hate the Pre, in fact, I really like it, which is why I continue to post on this forum despite the constant attacks against me.

    Almost none of the posts in this thread have anything to do with the OP. All I've seen so far is a bunch of people alluding to how apparently idiodic I am for thinking this phone has poor battery life, and a bunch of BB bashing.

    I've only so far seen a few people comment on my original point, which is that Palm needs to up there game in the hardware dept if they want to gain market share from the iPhone and Blackberry. Obviously many of you believe that the Pre is the second coming of Christ, but I think it's only fair to be a little critical towards a device that we've paid top-dollar for.
  12. #72  
    Thank you for all your contributions. They have been very enlightening and constructive and I will miss them. And don't even think of trying to get in line in front of me when Pre v2 hits the market!

    Good luck to you.

    Lawrence
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    my problem is that every time anyone (not just me) has anything negative to say about the Pre, a bunch of people on here take it personally. I've said time and time again that the Pre is a great phone. I DO NOT hate the Pre, in fact, I really like it, which is why I continue to post on this forum despite the constant attacks against me.

    Almost none of the posts in this thread have anything to do with the OP. All I've seen so far is a bunch of people alluding to how apparently idiodic I am for thinking this phone has poor battery life, and a bunch of BB bashing.

    I've only so far seen a few people comment on my original point, which is that Palm needs to up there game in the hardware dept if they want to gain market share from the iPhone and Blackberry. Obviously many of you believe that the Pre is the second coming of Christ, but I think it's only fair to be a little critical towards a device that we've paid top-dollar for.
    I personally am a bit confused at what your expecting from us... Do you want to be talked out of this or you just sharing your experience?

    I do not see a whole lot of BB bashing but may have missed some posts... Mostly just ppl explaining that its not a perfect phone either and grass is not always greener on always side.

    As for the "top-dollar" to me its not so top dollar. I mean I payed $300 or so for my 755p and it was an old phone that is no where near as sexy as this device. Granted I liked the phone except for the bulk in the pocket but yeah I would associate it more with top dollar more then what I got the Pre for.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Poor battery life is a fact, not an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Wow.

    Seriously, if you rotate your hips forward a little the door won't hit you in the arse on your way out.
    Palm Pre = 1150mAh
    iPhone 3Gs = 1219mAh
    T-Mobile MyTouch 3G = 1350mAh
    HTC Touch Pro = 1350mAh
    BB Curve 8900, Storm, Tour = 1400mAh
    BB Bold = 1550mAh

    all I'm saying is that of all the latest gen smartphones, Palm gave the Pre the smallest capacity battery. That's a matter of fact, not opinion.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    I personally am a bit confused at what your expecting from us... Do you want to be talked out of this or you just sharing your experience?

    I do not see a whole lot of BB bashing but may have missed some posts... Mostly just ppl explaining that its not a perfect phone either and grass is not always greener on always side.

    As for the "top-dollar" to me its not so top dollar. I mean I payed $300 or so for my 755p and it was an old phone that is no where near as sexy as this device. Granted I liked the phone except for the bulk in the pocket but yeah I would associate it more with top dollar more then what I got the Pre for.
    by top dollar, I just meant that there aren't really any other phones out there more expensive, and usually the only people that pay $200 for a phone expect a lot out of it.

    I wasn't expecting people to agree with me, I was just hoping that people would stay on topic. Instead, everyone has decided to try and make me look bad because how dare I claim that the battery life on the Pre is sub-par. And I never said that I was switching to the Tour because it was a better phone, people just twisted it that way. For someone coming from using a BB for so long, it's only natural that if the Pre wasn't working out for me that I would go back to BB. If you think about it, on Sprint, the Tour is the only other option worth considering.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    ...
    Almost none of the posts in this thread have anything to do with the OP. All I've seen so far is a bunch of people alluding to how apparently idiodic I am for thinking this phone has poor battery life, and a bunch of BB bashing.
    I didn't notice anyone calling you "idiodic" for saying it has poor battery life. I did see some folks say that's not their experience. You pooh-poohed what they had to say. I may have missed them, maybe you'd like to point out those where someone called you idiotic, or even implied it.

    I will also point out, your very first post in this thread talked about the "fanboy" BS. In other words, you started your insults before anyone had a chance to respond. I suspect you knew what was coming because you instigated it... but that's just my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I've only so far seen a few people comment on my original point, which is that Palm needs to up there game in the hardware dept if they want to gain market share from the iPhone and Blackberry. Obviously many of you believe that the Pre is the second coming of Christ, but I think it's only fair to be a little critical towards a device that we've paid top-dollar for.
    I've seen several people comment on it, saying they disagreed. You don't seem to like that. I've also not seen anyone claim it's the "second coming of Christ". I submit that it's that type of hyperbole on your part that I'm trying to get through to you that others find offensive.

    You just don't seem to get it.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I didn't notice anyone calling you "idiodic" for saying it has poor battery life. I did see some folks say that's not their experience. You pooh-poohed what they had to say. I may have missed them, maybe you'd like to point out those where someone called you idiotic, or even implied it.

    I will also point out, your very first post in this thread talked about the "fanboy" BS. In other words, you started your insults before anyone had a chance to respond. I suspect you knew what was coming because you instigated it... but that's just my opinion.


    I've seen several people comment on it, saying they disagreed. You don't seem to like that. I've also not seen anyone claim it's the "second coming of Christ". I submit that it's that type of hyperbole on your part that I'm trying to get through to you that others find offensive.

    You just don't seem to get it.
    why would you assume that "i don't seem to like that". First of all, I never wanted to get into a debate about the battery life. Obviously different people have had different experiences. Again, I don't know how many times I need to re-iterate this point, but my beef is not with the Pre but that I think Palm should have done a better job. That's it. This thread has completely blown up into about 5 different arguments. It's getting ridiculous.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Palm Pre = 1150mAh
    iPhone 3Gs = 1219mAh
    T-Mobile MyTouch 3G = 1350mAh
    HTC Touch Pro = 1350mAh
    BB Curve 8900, Storm, Tour = 1400mAh
    BB Bold = 1550mAh

    all I'm saying is that of all the latest gen smartphones, Palm gave the Pre the smallest capacity battery. That's a matter of fact, not opinion.
    Ok you're right, we know what Palm gave us, but you can get better batteries from Seidio. So besides the 37-60 dollar investment (depending on which model and where you get it), I don't see what the big deal is. Now if the Pre battery was not removable that would be another story.
  19. #79  
    its my experience,my battery is good,as long as i dont touch the phone,,if i even think about using it, it starts to go dead already
    i really dont know why anyone is mad at this guy,alot of people did have problems,people who were 1 1/2 hours from repair centers and corporate stores.i think palm should be held to a higher standard,my wifes 50$ lotus gets better reception than i do,and why anyone would get mad at that idea,that a large corporation should be held accountable for the quality of their product,i dont know
    these companies use to have to rely on quality,thats all changed now,we are just a country of consumers that have been molded to except low quality products and junk
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Ok you're right, we know what Palm gave us, but you can get better batteries from Seidio. So besides the 37-60 dollar investment (depending on which model and where you get it), I don't see what the big deal is. Now if the Pre battery was not removable that would be another story.
    exactly that.thats what we have been taught...do you really think that after spending 200-600$,that spending another 37-67$ is ok,i dont.not for something that is almost necessity out the box
    the reason our battery sucks is because palm didnt want to lose the extra dollars on a better battery,it effects their overall profit margin
    well having to spend more money than they would have,also effects my overall profit margin,and thats not right.i never had an extended battery in any of my phones.which i've had since the early to mid 90's.i dont even get moderate use out of my battery
    i did have 2 batteries for my mogul though,but i was killing that thing

Posting Permissions