Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I finally got a good Pre two weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that the screen brightness changes from bright to low brightness while I'm browsing the web. Have anyone else notice this?

Thanks,
    Its the 'ambient light sensor' (I think that's what its called). There's a sensor on the phone that detects ambient light and adjusts the screen's brightness accordingly. IE: if its dark around you, the screen gets dimmer, or if you hold your hand over the phone screen it will get dimmer.

EDIT:...maybe...
    It might be the screen preparing itself to turn off as well, it dims about 10 seconds before it turns off/locks. I'm no genius though...
    Last edited by cdawg62184; 07/30/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Both are correct (and annoying).

I wish sometimes I knew which was which

Sensor is located at the top right, you can see it in strong light. Kinda looks like an old IR transceiver to me.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i would LOVE to have this always stay at normal brightness too!
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    It also has to do with the 'Turn off after' example 1 minute. It's in the Screen and Lock app.

So after, in my case, 1 minute, my screen goes dim to save on the battery life.

I hate this because while I'm reading I have to continually touch the screen.

It happens in all the apps not just the web. For me, I've noticed it in the NY Times app.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Agreed, the ambient light sensor is too sensitive. Mine frequently fluctuates and it's very annoying.
    So the question is how to turn off the light sensor. I could not find anything anywhere and links or thoughts?
    bump