1.    #1  
    . . . And it looked good! High quality 640x480 video made me jealous!!

C'mon Palm, gimme some video recording, I wanna film stuff on the go too!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Yea I'm starting to get impatient. I knew very well that there wouldn't be video recording at launch, though it was said to be coming "soon after." Its been almost 2 months now and still nothing come on palm!
    It is super nice. Its auto focus is also stellar. The pre also has the potential to be as good or better.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    Yea I'm starting to get impatient. I knew very well that there wouldn't be video recording at launch, though it was said to be coming "soon after." Its been almost 2 months now and still nothing come on palm!
    LOL... ok.
    2 months! LOL

I am hoping Palm goes all in and one ups the iPhone 3GS with 720x480 video recording. It can do this with hardware. No software overhead.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The issue is the OS not the hardware.

Take a look at your camera app and how well it handles moving around and you will see that video recording is probably not even remotely feasible until they get the software end worked out. Considering it takes a couple of seconds to load a single medium rez picture (much less taking and recording a continuous stream of them) with the device I doubt you will see video anytime soon unless they do some serious work on the apps.
    I am not sure I agree. It takes stills almost as fast as video now. I don't think the Pre will have much problem doing video.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    All the statements I have seen were cloudy as to whether the "future update" enabling video was a software update or a hardware update (ie, a future Pre device). If anyone can provide a quote with better details, I'd be curious to see it.

They can possibly grab frames from the still camera API, like may iPhone apps have done on older iPhones, but it's not possible with the current Mojo SDK rev. When you initiate the camera API, it really launches the camera app as a separate and independent process (then switches back to the main app after the picture is taken). It's not the same as the iPhone bringing up the camera API within the app, with image data feeding directly into the app.