Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    It would be incredibly handy if I could have two different mail inboxes open simultaneously. Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    well you could access one in you browser and another right on the pre
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I'm running into a variant of this problem. Have one email account set up, and trying to set up a second one but there are issues. Any time I receive an email in the working account and go to read it, it does not open a new card to read it (which would be reasonable and is what I expected, the first time), instead it overwrites the Manual Setup form. So when I go to make my next attempt to get this second account working, I have to enter all that data (server names, encryption, logins/passwords) again. Not quite the same thing as two inboxes open simultaneously, but it is a need for the same email program to have two cards open simultaneously.
    I'd like the "Unified Inbox" folder to actually refresh all inboxes when I tap the button.
    why not just setup in preferences, 'smart folders' for 'all inboxes'.

The in one place you can read all your email from multiple email accounts.

And when you read an incoming email, and want to reply, it should reply to the account it came in under. If not you can choose when account the email uses to go out. Just click on the 'From' when you are replying to a message and you get a drop down asking which email account to use when sending the message.

Or are you trying to do something different that I don't understand?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I'd like the "Unified Inbox" folder to actually refresh all inboxes when I tap the button.
    Works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    why not just setup in preferences, 'smart folders' for 'all inboxes'.

The in one place you can read all your email from multiple email accounts.

And when you read an incoming email, and want to reply, it should reply to the account it came in under. If not you can choose when account the email uses to go out. Just click on the 'From' when you are replying to a message and you get a drop down asking which email account to use when sending the message.

Or are you trying to do something different that I don't understand?

Rob
    This will work as a solution, I didn't even give the All Inboxes option a second glass when setting up mail. This is much easier. Coming from Windows Mobile, it's hard for me to go back to being a noob again