1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm curious just how many apps you can install on a Pre & what is the average size of each official/homebrew app. I'm thinking about getting the Pre but concerned 8gb might not be enough. TIA
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    My opinion is that 8gb should be more than adqueate unless you need 7 of the 8 gigs for media files (music, etc). I have about 30 apps on my iPod Touch and those apps take up around 300mb of space (not even 1/2 of a gigabyte). So I wouldn't worry too much unless you need the full 8gb for your music etc. After loading some tunes on my PRE I have about 1.8 GB available for aps. I'm planning to reserve at least 1.0 GB for apps.
    What lawadvisor said. most people's apps won't be a problem with 8GB. It's the media stuff uyou have to worry about.
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Good to know. Thanks. I was really worried about the space.
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    I used to think a huge hard drive was a big deal. I almost didn't buy a 32gb iPod Touch because it couldn't hold even half my music collection, much less movies and pics. But then a buddy made me see the light: are you ever really going to sit down and listen to xx gb of music? The answer, of course, is "no," and it's just not a big deal to sync new content every week or so. Right now, I've got 4 music videos, National Treasure 2, 20 pics, and about 15 albums of high bitrate music on my Pre, with 4gb still empty!
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Me personally, I can't even imagine coming close to hitting it. I have a 2GB memory card in my centro and it's barely over half full, even with 4 movies. I don't keep too much music though, just enough for a couple workouts worth bec I have a Sirius system in my office at work, and at home as well and then XM in my car...so other than while travelling or working out I have no real need for any more music.
    I am a media *****! I have over 600GB's of music/movies/pictures/etc on my computer. However, what the others have said is true. All I need is my drm-free music videos, top playlist, and the most viewed pics and im good. I have about 500mb's free. I also have about 30 apps installed.